|Mariners introduce Brad Miller|
|Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:11 PM-||
SEATTLE -- When Virginia pitcher Danny Hultzen and Clemson shortstop Brad MillerBrad Miller
#13 6-1, 185
View Full Profile sat down side-by-side at a podium on Wednesday for a press conference introducing the Mariners' top two Draft picks, it certainly wasn't the first time the two had gotten together.
As Atlantic Coast Conference rivals, the two faced off on the diamond several times. And, yeah, Miller recalls how he's done against his new teammate. Turns out, it would be hard to forget.
"I remember every at-bat," Miller said with a grin after the media gathering. "I was 1-for-7 with five strikeouts. This past year, I faced him and my first at-bat, I went to bunt and caught the ball and broke my finger. I missed the next eight games, but he struck me out four times that night. That's one to forget.
"But nobody on our team did anything on him that night," Miller said. "He's way too humble. His stuff is awesome. He was dominating and he knows how to pitch. They couldn't have picked a better guy, in my opinion."
Miller will report to Class A Clinton and then finish out the year in the instructional league.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Spurrier leaves funny voicemail for Dabo Swinney
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Herbstreit on Clemson: "We love coming here"