|Mariners introduce Brad Miller|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:11 PM||
SEATTLE -- When Virginia pitcher Danny Hultzen and Clemson shortstop Brad MillerBrad Miller
#13 6-1, 185
View Full Profile sat down side-by-side at a podium on Wednesday for a press conference introducing the Mariners' top two Draft picks, it certainly wasn't the first time the two had gotten together.
As Atlantic Coast Conference rivals, the two faced off on the diamond several times. And, yeah, Miller recalls how he's done against his new teammate. Turns out, it would be hard to forget.
"I remember every at-bat," Miller said with a grin after the media gathering. "I was 1-for-7 with five strikeouts. This past year, I faced him and my first at-bat, I went to bunt and caught the ball and broke my finger. I missed the next eight games, but he struck me out four times that night. That's one to forget.
"But nobody on our team did anything on him that night," Miller said. "He's way too humble. His stuff is awesome. He was dominating and he knows how to pitch. They couldn't have picked a better guy, in my opinion."
Miller will report to Class A Clinton and then finish out the year in the instructional league.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic