|Mariners introduce Brad Miller|
|Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:11 PM-||
SEATTLE -- When Virginia pitcher Danny Hultzen and Clemson shortstop Brad MillerBrad Miller
#13 6-1, 185
View Full Profile sat down side-by-side at a podium on Wednesday for a press conference introducing the Mariners' top two Draft picks, it certainly wasn't the first time the two had gotten together.
As Atlantic Coast Conference rivals, the two faced off on the diamond several times. And, yeah, Miller recalls how he's done against his new teammate. Turns out, it would be hard to forget.
"I remember every at-bat," Miller said with a grin after the media gathering. "I was 1-for-7 with five strikeouts. This past year, I faced him and my first at-bat, I went to bunt and caught the ball and broke my finger. I missed the next eight games, but he struck me out four times that night. That's one to forget.
"But nobody on our team did anything on him that night," Miller said. "He's way too humble. His stuff is awesome. He was dominating and he knows how to pitch. They couldn't have picked a better guy, in my opinion."
Miller will report to Class A Clinton and then finish out the year in the instructional league.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll