|Lovie Smith discusses Bowers' injury|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:41 AM||
Former Clemson standout Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile has been out of Bucs' practice for more than a week nursing a groin strain. He also missed the last preseason game against the Dolphins on Saturday.
"I think every day you don't practice, you're hurting your chances (of making the team)," Lovie Smith told the media. "We've seen enough to like Da'Quan a lot. But all the reps that he's not getting, someone else is getting them.
"The best way to beat your competition sometimes is just to stay on the field. Da'Quan is trying to get back. Again, I think he has a future in the league, whether it be as a defensive end outside or more of a third-down rush guy inside."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story