|Lovie Smith discusses Bowers' injury|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:41 AM||
Former Clemson standout Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile has been out of Bucs' practice for more than a week nursing a groin strain. He also missed the last preseason game against the Dolphins on Saturday.
"I think every day you don't practice, you're hurting your chances (of making the team)," Lovie Smith told the media. "We've seen enough to like Da'Quan a lot. But all the reps that he's not getting, someone else is getting them.
"The best way to beat your competition sometimes is just to stay on the field. Da'Quan is trying to get back. Again, I think he has a future in the league, whether it be as a defensive end outside or more of a third-down rush guy inside."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies