|Letter from President Clements about Clemson-UGA|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, August 29, 2014 1:25 PM-||
Email from President Clements to student and faculty at Clemson.
We’re all excited about the start of a new semester and a new football season – and what better way to begin than with a game against a big rival, the University of Georgia, on ESPN. Although the game is not at home, we expect thousands of Tiger fans to join us in Athens and thousands more here on campus to tailgate and watch the game on the “big screen” in Death Valley.
Even before I came to Clemson, I was aware of its commitment to sportsmanship and hospitality. The university has been recognized by the Division IA Athletic Directors Association as one of five “showcase institutions” for sportsmanship programs. It’s because students, faculty and staff know that the phrase “Solid Orange” is about more than wearing orange on Fridays. It’s also about recognizing that when we wear orange, we represent the university and all of its history and traditions.
If you are traveling to Athens, remember that you are a guest in the University of Georgia’s “home.” And if you are in Death Valley, visitors wearing red and black will be guests in ours. Enjoy the game but be safe and courteous. We’re proud of the Tigers and passionate about winning. But the Clemson Nation is known for winning with class. Thanks for your support.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson