|Letter from President Clements about Clemson-UGA|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, August 29, 2014 1:25 PM-||
Email from President Clements to student and faculty at Clemson.
We’re all excited about the start of a new semester and a new football season – and what better way to begin than with a game against a big rival, the University of Georgia, on ESPN. Although the game is not at home, we expect thousands of Tiger fans to join us in Athens and thousands more here on campus to tailgate and watch the game on the “big screen” in Death Valley.
Even before I came to Clemson, I was aware of its commitment to sportsmanship and hospitality. The university has been recognized by the Division IA Athletic Directors Association as one of five “showcase institutions” for sportsmanship programs. It’s because students, faculty and staff know that the phrase “Solid Orange” is about more than wearing orange on Fridays. It’s also about recognizing that when we wear orange, we represent the university and all of its history and traditions.
If you are traveling to Athens, remember that you are a guest in the University of Georgia’s “home.” And if you are in Death Valley, visitors wearing red and black will be guests in ours. Enjoy the game but be safe and courteous. We’re proud of the Tigers and passionate about winning. But the Clemson Nation is known for winning with class. Thanks for your support.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson named regional host for 2016 NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Ben Boulware trolls FSU after Clemson wins ACC Title
- ACC Baseball Championship moved up due to forecast
- WATCH: Clemson celebrates 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Clemson to open NCAA Tournament at home against Western Carolina
- Clemson baseball earns No.7 National Seed in NCAA Tournament
- Clemson NCAA Regional bracket and game times
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball