|Latest Clemson projection for NCAA baseball tournament|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, May 23, 2014 10:43 AM||
Baseball America released its latest NCAA baseball tournament projections and it has Clemson as an invited at-large team. Evansville is one of the teams left out after a 0-2 showing in their conference tournament.
Clemson moves into our field after winning its first two games at the ACC tournament against Duke and Miami. Thursday’s walk-off, 3-2 win against the Hurricanes ignited a dogpile for the Tigers, who desperately needed the victory to strengthen their at-large hopes. Clemson jumped from No. 50 to No. 44 in the RPI in the up-to-the-minute WarrenNolan.com RPI rankings. With a 15-14 ACC regular-season record, Clemson just needed a few more quality wins and a stronger RPI to put itself back into good position for an at-large spot, and Thursday’s win helped in both regards.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies