|Latest Clemson projection for NCAA baseball tournament|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-23 10:43:08.0-||
Baseball America released its latest NCAA baseball tournament projections and it has Clemson as an invited at-large team. Evansville is one of the teams left out after a 0-2 showing in their conference tournament.
Clemson moves into our field after winning its first two games at the ACC tournament against Duke and Miami. Thursday’s walk-off, 3-2 win against the Hurricanes ignited a dogpile for the Tigers, who desperately needed the victory to strengthen their at-large hopes. Clemson jumped from No. 50 to No. 44 in the RPI in the up-to-the-minute WarrenNolan.com RPI rankings. With a 15-14 ACC regular-season record, Clemson just needed a few more quality wins and a stronger RPI to put itself back into good position for an at-large spot, and Thursday’s win helped in both regards.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State
- Rex Ryan jokes about benching his VT players cause of ACC title game
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!