|Latest Clemson projection for NCAA baseball tournament|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, May 23, 2014 10:43 AM-||
Baseball America released its latest NCAA baseball tournament projections and it has Clemson as an invited at-large team. Evansville is one of the teams left out after a 0-2 showing in their conference tournament.
Clemson moves into our field after winning its first two games at the ACC tournament against Duke and Miami. Thursday’s walk-off, 3-2 win against the Hurricanes ignited a dogpile for the Tigers, who desperately needed the victory to strengthen their at-large hopes. Clemson jumped from No. 50 to No. 44 in the RPI in the up-to-the-minute WarrenNolan.com RPI rankings. With a 15-14 ACC regular-season record, Clemson just needed a few more quality wins and a stronger RPI to put itself back into good position for an at-large spot, and Thursday’s win helped in both regards.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson