|Latest Clemson projection for NCAA baseball tournament|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, May 23, 2014 10:43 AM-||
Baseball America released its latest NCAA baseball tournament projections and it has Clemson as an invited at-large team. Evansville is one of the teams left out after a 0-2 showing in their conference tournament.
Clemson moves into our field after winning its first two games at the ACC tournament against Duke and Miami. Thursday’s walk-off, 3-2 win against the Hurricanes ignited a dogpile for the Tigers, who desperately needed the victory to strengthen their at-large hopes. Clemson jumped from No. 50 to No. 44 in the RPI in the up-to-the-minute WarrenNolan.com RPI rankings. With a 15-14 ACC regular-season record, Clemson just needed a few more quality wins and a stronger RPI to put itself back into good position for an at-large spot, and Thursday’s win helped in both regards.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Game time announced for Clemson vs. Boston College
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville