|Kyle Parker makes MLB debut With Rockies|
|Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:58 AM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. - Former Tiger outfielder and quarterback Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile was called up to the majors for the first time with the Colorado Rockies on Monday. After starting for the Colorado Springs SkySox (AAA) on Monday afternoon in Colorado, he was pulled from the game and told he was being called up to the major league club.
Parker caught a flight to Los Angeles, suited up for the Rockies and made his major league debut against the Dodgers on Monday night. He struck out in a pinch-hitting role, but he became the 51st Tiger in history and sixth in 2014 to play in a major league game.
Parker was one of Clemson's best two-sport athletes in history. In his three years (2008-10) on the baseball team, he hit .302 with 34 doubles, one triple, 46 homers, 166 RBIs, 177 runs and 12 steals in 187 games. He was a two-time, First-Team All-ACC selection, then was drafted in the first round (No. 26 overall pick) by the Rockies in 2010.
His best football season as a Tiger was in 2009, when he was a freshman All-American and led Clemson to nine wins along with an ACC Atlantic Division title. He set Tiger freshman records for passing yards (2,526) and passing touchdowns (20). With his 20 home runs in 2010, he became the first Division I athlete in history to total 20 homers and 20 passing touchdowns in the same academic year.
Parker played four seasons (2011-14) in the minors at all levels, including 2011 when he was a roommate of Super Bowl Championship quarterback Russell Wilson at Single-A Asheville. Parker, the son of former NFL wideout Carl Parker, is a career .293 hitter with 74 homers and 280 RBIs in 409 games in the minors.
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
- ESPN reporters are All-In on Clemson over ND