|"the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, July 29, 2013 9:54 AM||
Dalton FreemanDalton Freeman
#55 6-5, 265
View Full Profile is standing out at center for the New York Jets.
Freeman was an undrafted free agent for the Jets.
One undrafted rookie free agent who has caught my eye is center Dalton Freeman. The 6-foot-5 lineman from Clemson is getting a lot of work and he looked good during line drills Sunday. The Jets do not have a true backup center on the roster. Caleb Schlauderaff worked there last year and is again this year, but the team did not trust him last year. They shifted guard Matt Slauson over if Nick Mangold came off the field. The Jets have a number of offensive lineman right now, so it’s going to be tough to make the team but if he doesn’t, maybe the Jets stash him on the practice squad and then sign him if anything happened to Mangold. Ryan likes to call Freeman "the kid from Clemson" and maybe he can stick around a little while.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Vic Beasley impressive on the Bench Press
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach