|K.J. McDaniels happy to be a 76er|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:18 AM||
Former Clemson standout K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers in the second round (#32 overall) of the 2014 NBA Draft.
After the disappointment of not making it into the first round, McDaniels found some happiness with being picked at #32 overall. At his time playing basketball at Clemson, he wore jersey number #32, had been nicknamed fondly Flight32 and had a twitter following that was called #32NATION.
"God works in mysterious ways," said McDaniels at the press conference with the 76er's new draft selections. "He got me at 32. So it's a blessing."
The number 32 had been worn by former 76er Billy Cunningham but has been retired by the team.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"