|K.J. McDaniels happy to be a 76er|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:18 AM-||
Former Clemson standout K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers in the second round (#32 overall) of the 2014 NBA Draft.
After the disappointment of not making it into the first round, McDaniels found some happiness with being picked at #32 overall. At his time playing basketball at Clemson, he wore jersey number #32, had been nicknamed fondly Flight32 and had a twitter following that was called #32NATION.
"God works in mysterious ways," said McDaniels at the press conference with the 76er's new draft selections. "He got me at 32. So it's a blessing."
The number 32 had been worn by former 76er Billy Cunningham but has been retired by the team.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Gallman ranked in Athlon's Top 10 running backs of 2016