|Jordan Leggett injury update|
|Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:04 PM-||
Clemson, SC—Clemson freshman tight end Jordan LeggettJordan Leggett
Fr. Tight End
#16 6-6, 235
View Full Profile suffered a knee injury in a situational scrimmage on Wednesday morning, but the injury is not season ending. Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney received word late during Clemson’s evening practice.
The native of Navarre, FL injured an MCL, not his ACL while making a reception during the workout. He does not need surgery and is expected to miss just three-four weeks. He likely will miss the Georgia game on August 31.
“We are two-for-two in recent injuries that could have been serious,” said Swinney. “T.J. GreenT.J. Green
#82 6-2, 189
View Full Profile had a knee injury last week that did not end up being serious and now Jordan Leggett. We are fortunate that we will have Jordan back early in the season.”
The tight end position has been a big part of the Clemson offense the last two years under offensive coordinator Chad Morris. Clemson tight ends have caught 119 passes for 1390 yards and 21 touchdowns over the last two years, significantly contributing to Clemson’s 21-6 record. Clemson has had the first-team All-ACC tight end each of the last two years, Dwayne AllenDwayne Allen
#83 6-3, 255
View Full Profile in 2011 and Brandon FordBrandon Ford
#80 6-4, 240
View Full Profile in 2012.
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"