|Jordan Leggett injury update|
Clemson, SC—Clemson freshman tight end Jordan LeggettJordan Leggett
Fr. Tight End
#16 6-6, 235
View Full Profile suffered a knee injury in a situational scrimmage on Wednesday morning, but the injury is not season ending. Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney received word late during Clemson’s evening practice.
The native of Navarre, FL injured an MCL, not his ACL while making a reception during the workout. He does not need surgery and is expected to miss just three-four weeks. He likely will miss the Georgia game on August 31.
“We are two-for-two in recent injuries that could have been serious,” said Swinney. “T.J. GreenT.J. Green
#82 6-2, 189
View Full Profile had a knee injury last week that did not end up being serious and now Jordan Leggett. We are fortunate that we will have Jordan back early in the season.”
The tight end position has been a big part of the Clemson offense the last two years under offensive coordinator Chad Morris. Clemson tight ends have caught 119 passes for 1390 yards and 21 touchdowns over the last two years, significantly contributing to Clemson’s 21-6 record. Clemson has had the first-team All-ACC tight end each of the last two years, Dwayne AllenDwayne Allen
#83 6-3, 255
View Full Profile in 2011 and Brandon FordBrandon Ford
#80 6-4, 240
View Full Profile in 2012.
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State