|Jets projected to pick Sammy Watkins|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, December 20, 2013 9:18 AM-||
In his first mock draft, ESPN's Todd McShay has the New York Jets selecting Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile with their 1st round pick (13th pick overall) in the 2014 NFL draft.
Some Jets fans will say that they need a QB, but they just took one last year in Geno Smith and they will (and should) give him time to develop. New York has good talent on defense, so the biggest issues to address are the offensive skill positions and O-line. Watkins is perfect for what the Jets need, a guy who possesses top-level acceleration and has a second gear when he needs it. Especially with Santonio Holmes likely gone after this season, the Jets need a vertical and run-after-catch threat, and Watkins could be a big difference-maker for them. At No. 13, he's a good value pick."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson Hype video "Steps to a National Championship"