|Jets projected to pick Sammy Watkins|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, December 20, 2013 9:18 AM-||
In his first mock draft, ESPN's Todd McShay has the New York Jets selecting Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile with their 1st round pick (13th pick overall) in the 2014 NFL draft.
Some Jets fans will say that they need a QB, but they just took one last year in Geno Smith and they will (and should) give him time to develop. New York has good talent on defense, so the biggest issues to address are the offensive skill positions and O-line. Watkins is perfect for what the Jets need, a guy who possesses top-level acceleration and has a second gear when he needs it. Especially with Santonio Holmes likely gone after this season, the Jets need a vertical and run-after-catch threat, and Watkins could be a big difference-maker for them. At No. 13, he's a good value pick."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Gametime announced for Clemson-Louisville
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech
- Charges against Tajh Boyd to be dismissed
- Swinney to McCloud: "You are going to be on Sportscenter for the rest of your life"
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Jalen Williams injury update