|Jets projected to pick Sammy Watkins|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, December 20, 2013 9:18 AM-||
In his first mock draft, ESPN's Todd McShay has the New York Jets selecting Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile with their 1st round pick (13th pick overall) in the 2014 NFL draft.
Some Jets fans will say that they need a QB, but they just took one last year in Geno Smith and they will (and should) give him time to develop. New York has good talent on defense, so the biggest issues to address are the offensive skill positions and O-line. Watkins is perfect for what the Jets need, a guy who possesses top-level acceleration and has a second gear when he needs it. Especially with Santonio Holmes likely gone after this season, the Jets need a vertical and run-after-catch threat, and Watkins could be a big difference-maker for them. At No. 13, he's a good value pick."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- Renfrow breaks bone in hand playing pickup basketball
- Latest NCAA projection for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits
- FSU to give away 10K strips of bacon vs. Clemson
- WATCH: Mike Williams running routes again