|Jenkins case could unhinge NCAA model|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:24 PM||
Red-shirt senior Clemson defensive back Martin JenkinsMartin Jenkins
RS Sr. Cornerback
#14 5-10, 180
View Full Profile is the lead plantiff in the Jenkins case (hence the name).
The Jenkins case, which was originally filed in New Jersey in March, doesn't have the narrow focus of O'Bannon, which involves only name, image and likeness rights. Jenkins seeks to drop a bomb on the business model for college sports, strip away the NCAA's compensation rules and truly open the market for football and men's basketball players.
Staples went on to talk about some of the specifics that could be impacted by the lawsuit:
Losing the Jenkins case could mean that the NCAA could no longer enforce scholarship limits or the amount schools could pay for scholarships. It would be an open market, and the finances could change considerably.
Jenkins could do a 'hold us back version 2.0' rap about the NCAA if he wins his lawsuit.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson vs SC gametime announced
- Deshaun Watson Sunday injury update
- Swinney gives update on Watson on his call-in show
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-SC
- Clemson TE suspended indefinitely
- Clemson-SC game has an official name
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Comedian Kevin Hart coming to Clemson
- Swinney expects Watson to play again this season