|Jaron Brown making "wow" plays for Cardinals|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-18 08:06:12.0-||
Former Clemson standout receiver Jaron BrownJaron Brown
Wide Receiver (2008 - 2012)
#18 6-2, 205
View Full Profile had a nice game on Saturday against the Minnesota Vikings with two catches for 86 yards including a 51 yard reception.
For the preseason, Brown has 11 catches for 140 yards and a touchdown.
Cardinals' veteran quarterback Carson Palmer had the following complimentary comments about Brown's catching ability: "That 50-50 jump ball, he's probably made that every three days in camp. I don't know if a ball has hit the ground when he's had an opportunity. He's consistently shown us quarterbacks that he'll go up and make a play for us. He's probably, just in this year's training camp, made 10 plays where you just kind of say, 'wow.'"
Even the coaching staff has taken notice of Brown's big play capabilities.
Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians had the following comments about Brown's development as a wide receiver: "I don't care if it's Patrick (Peterson), Cro (Antonio Cromartie), who's on top of him," Arians said. "He's really developing a confidence factor to become a really solid player."
ICYMI Video: Jaron Brown's Touchdown against Troy in 2011. Clemson won the game 43-19.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson throwing for Jon Gruden's QB Camp