|Jaron Brown making "wow" plays for Cardinals|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, August 18, 2014 8:06 AM||
Former Clemson standout receiver Jaron BrownJaron Brown
Wide Receiver (2008 - 2012)
#18 6-2, 205
View Full Profile had a nice game on Saturday against the Minnesota Vikings with two catches for 86 yards including a 51 yard reception.
For the preseason, Brown has 11 catches for 140 yards and a touchdown.
Cardinals' veteran quarterback Carson Palmer had the following complimentary comments about Brown's catching ability: "That 50-50 jump ball, he's probably made that every three days in camp. I don't know if a ball has hit the ground when he's had an opportunity. He's consistently shown us quarterbacks that he'll go up and make a play for us. He's probably, just in this year's training camp, made 10 plays where you just kind of say, 'wow.'"
Even the coaching staff has taken notice of Brown's big play capabilities.
Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians had the following comments about Brown's development as a wide receiver: "I don't care if it's Patrick (Peterson), Cro (Antonio Cromartie), who's on top of him," Arians said. "He's really developing a confidence factor to become a really solid player."
ICYMI Video: Jaron Brown's Touchdown against Troy in 2011. Clemson won the game 43-19.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI