|Jacoby Ford's contract details with Jets|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, April 4, 2014 9:25 AM||
Former Clemson wide receiver Jacoby Ford has signed a one year contract with the New York Jets for $740,000 including a $65,000 signing bonus according to multiple reports.
The Cleveland Browns were the other team that expressed the most interest in Ford's services.
The Jets got a steal potentially if Ford can return close to his old self physically and add depth at wide receiver and contend for their kick return and punt return job.
Ford can show NFL general managers that he can have a productive, healthy year and he will be back on the free agent market again next year. A much bigger payday might just be on the horizon for him.
He has 57 career NFL receptions with 848 yards receiving and three touchdowns. In 2013, he had 13 catches for 99 yards in 14 games last season. He spent most of the season recovering from Lisfranc surgery.
At Clemson, Ford and C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile became the greatest all-purpose duo in NCAA history. Ford was drafted by the Raiders in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL draft (108th overall).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson ranked in Top 15 in Preseason AP Poll
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- WATCH: Jaron Brown makes ridiculous catch against Chargers