|Jacoby Ford's contract details with Jets|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, April 4, 2014 9:25 AM-||
Former Clemson wide receiver Jacoby Ford has signed a one year contract with the New York Jets for $740,000 including a $65,000 signing bonus according to multiple reports.
The Cleveland Browns were the other team that expressed the most interest in Ford's services.
The Jets got a steal potentially if Ford can return close to his old self physically and add depth at wide receiver and contend for their kick return and punt return job.
Ford can show NFL general managers that he can have a productive, healthy year and he will be back on the free agent market again next year. A much bigger payday might just be on the horizon for him.
He has 57 career NFL receptions with 848 yards receiving and three touchdowns. In 2013, he had 13 catches for 99 yards in 14 games last season. He spent most of the season recovering from Lisfranc surgery.
At Clemson, Ford and C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile became the greatest all-purpose duo in NCAA history. Ford was drafted by the Raiders in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL draft (108th overall).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Doeren tries to clarify his comments on knocking Gallman out of the game