|Hopkins: "Nowhere close to where I want to be"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:39 PM||
It also does not help his cause that he has a pedestrian group of NFL quarterbacks (Ryan Fitzpatrick, T.J. Yates and Tom Savage) throwing him the ball.
"I’m nowhere close to where I want to be," Hopkins said on Wednesday. "Not even close. I have a lot of things I need to work on and I’m doing that this offseason. It’s not been easy; I’m not going to lie. It’s a new playbook, you have to refocus, you have to do everything you did your rookie year all over again, but I feel like I know how to prepare better than last year, just going out and learning from Andre (Johnson) and doing things like that, and I feel like I’m becoming a better player overall.”
Hopkins started all 16 games his rookie season and finished the season with 52 receptions for 802 yards and a touchdown. He was second among all NFL rookie receivers in reception yards and fourth among rookies in catches. Thirty-eight of his 52 catches were for first downs, second among rookies. He averaged 15.4 yards per reception, 13th in the NFL among all players with at least 50 receptions.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
- Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
- Watson, Beasley injury updates
- Swinney still waiting on MRI for Watson's knee
- ESPN declares 6-day hold for Clemson-SC game
- Swinney on Watson's injury
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
- Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term