|Hairston gets his first start in NFL|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, October 7, 2011 2:31 PM||
"We're not going to adjust what we do, we have to have him fill in and go play; we can't pay too much attention to that," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said of Hairston stepping in for the injured Demetrius Bell at left tackle.
This is how it works in the NFL if you're a backup. When the starter goes down and you're called on to replace him, you do it, and you'd better be up to it or they'll find someone else to do the job.
Hairston, a 6-foot-6, 332-pounder who was Buffalo's fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft, understands the concept.
"I'm very excited," Hairston said. "This will be something to remember. Every practice, you have to prepare for being the guy. If you're on the active roster, you're only one snap away from playing. You know your team will call on you at some point. It came a little earlier than I thought, but I'm ready for it."
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Vic Beasley impressive on the Bench Press
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach