|Hairston gets his first start in NFL|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, October 7, 2011 2:31 PM||
"We're not going to adjust what we do, we have to have him fill in and go play; we can't pay too much attention to that," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said of Hairston stepping in for the injured Demetrius Bell at left tackle.
This is how it works in the NFL if you're a backup. When the starter goes down and you're called on to replace him, you do it, and you'd better be up to it or they'll find someone else to do the job.
Hairston, a 6-foot-6, 332-pounder who was Buffalo's fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft, understands the concept.
"I'm very excited," Hairston said. "This will be something to remember. Every practice, you have to prepare for being the guy. If you're on the active roster, you're only one snap away from playing. You know your team will call on you at some point. It came a little earlier than I thought, but I'm ready for it."
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets