|Hairston gets his first start in NFL|
|Friday, October 7, 2011 2:31 PM-||
From Democrat and Chronicle:
"We're not going to adjust what we do, we have to have him fill in and go play; we can't pay too much attention to that," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said of Hairston stepping in for the injured Demetrius Bell at left tackle.
This is how it works in the NFL if you're a backup. When the starter goes down and you're called on to replace him, you do it, and you'd better be up to it or they'll find someone else to do the job.
Hairston, a 6-foot-6, 332-pounder who was Buffalo's fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft, understands the concept.
"I'm very excited," Hairston said. "This will be something to remember. Every practice, you have to prepare for being the guy. If you're on the active roster, you're only one snap away from playing. You know your team will call on you at some point. It came a little earlier than I thought, but I'm ready for it."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ACC Baseball Championship moved up due to forecast
- Clemson named regional host for 2016 NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Ben Boulware trolls FSU after Clemson wins ACC Title
- WATCH: Clemson celebrates 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- 19 Clemson students rescued from Kentucky cave
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts