|Hairston gets his first start in NFL|
|Friday, October 7, 2011 2:31 PM-||
From Democrat and Chronicle:
"We're not going to adjust what we do, we have to have him fill in and go play; we can't pay too much attention to that," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said of Hairston stepping in for the injured Demetrius Bell at left tackle.
This is how it works in the NFL if you're a backup. When the starter goes down and you're called on to replace him, you do it, and you'd better be up to it or they'll find someone else to do the job.
Hairston, a 6-foot-6, 332-pounder who was Buffalo's fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft, understands the concept.
"I'm very excited," Hairston said. "This will be something to remember. Every practice, you have to prepare for being the guy. If you're on the active roster, you're only one snap away from playing. You know your team will call on you at some point. It came a little earlier than I thought, but I'm ready for it."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Martavis Bryant to coach high school football
- Finebaum would want his son to play for Dabo Swinney
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- WATCH: Wilkins catches a pass while riding a bicycle
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker
- Former Clemson LB signed by Ravens