|Hairston gets his first start in NFL|
|Friday, October 7, 2011 2:31 PM-||
From Democrat and Chronicle:
"We're not going to adjust what we do, we have to have him fill in and go play; we can't pay too much attention to that," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said of Hairston stepping in for the injured Demetrius Bell at left tackle.
This is how it works in the NFL if you're a backup. When the starter goes down and you're called on to replace him, you do it, and you'd better be up to it or they'll find someone else to do the job.
Hairston, a 6-foot-6, 332-pounder who was Buffalo's fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft, understands the concept.
"I'm very excited," Hairston said. "This will be something to remember. Every practice, you have to prepare for being the guy. If you're on the active roster, you're only one snap away from playing. You know your team will call on you at some point. It came a little earlier than I thought, but I'm ready for it."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Former Clemson LB signs with Patriots
- Clemson and Ga. Tech game one suspended
- WATCH: Lawson gets a call from Shaquille O'Neal
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks