|Hairston gets his first start in NFL|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, October 7, 2011 2:31 PM||
From Democrat and Chronicle:
"We're not going to adjust what we do, we have to have him fill in and go play; we can't pay too much attention to that," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said of Hairston stepping in for the injured Demetrius Bell at left tackle.
This is how it works in the NFL if you're a backup. When the starter goes down and you're called on to replace him, you do it, and you'd better be up to it or they'll find someone else to do the job.
Hairston, a 6-foot-6, 332-pounder who was Buffalo's fourth-round pick in the 2011 draft, understands the concept.
"I'm very excited," Hairston said. "This will be something to remember. Every practice, you have to prepare for being the guy. If you're on the active roster, you're only one snap away from playing. You know your team will call on you at some point. It came a little earlier than I thought, but I'm ready for it."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Details on Lakip's arrest
- Lakip charged with cocaine possession, DUI
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Vegas odds on Clemson 2015 season
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 for Gameday Experience
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- WATCH: Paulsen makes #1 play on SportsCenter Top 10 list