|Grisham ready for big game tonight|
|Friday, August 12, 2011 11:55 AM-||
From Pittsburgh Tribune:
Steelers receiver Tyler GrishamTyler Grisham
# 5-11, 185
View Full Profile knows that putting together two great weeks of training camp means nothing if he can't transfer that to the field, starting with Friday night's preseason game against Washington.
Grisham, an undrafted rookie free agent from Clemson two years ago, is in a camp battle with veteran Arnaz Battle for the fifth receiver spot. Grisham played in four games as a rookie before spending last year on the practice squad. Grisham caught two passes in four preseason games last year.
"I am trying to prepare myself and visualize myself being in the game and making the same play in game-time situations," Grisham said. "I feel that I don't have to think as much this year."
Grisham also figures he will have to impress coaches on special teams. He is on the kickoff, kickoff return, punt and punt return teams.
"They probably will say that it is more important for me right now because if I can have a hat on special teams, they would love to have me and use me sparingly for offense," Grisham said.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game