|Grisham ready for big game tonight|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, August 12, 2011 11:55 AM||
From Pittsburgh Tribune:
Steelers receiver Tyler GrishamTyler Grisham
# 5-11, 185
View Full Profile knows that putting together two great weeks of training camp means nothing if he can't transfer that to the field, starting with Friday night's preseason game against Washington.
Grisham, an undrafted rookie free agent from Clemson two years ago, is in a camp battle with veteran Arnaz Battle for the fifth receiver spot. Grisham played in four games as a rookie before spending last year on the practice squad. Grisham caught two passes in four preseason games last year.
"I am trying to prepare myself and visualize myself being in the game and making the same play in game-time situations," Grisham said. "I feel that I don't have to think as much this year."
Grisham also figures he will have to impress coaches on special teams. He is on the kickoff, kickoff return, punt and punt return teams.
"They probably will say that it is more important for me right now because if I can have a hat on special teams, they would love to have me and use me sparingly for offense," Grisham said.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies