|Georgia starting QB 'absolutely loved Clemson'|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:28 PM-||
Senior Georgia starting quarterback Hutson Mason was close to being a Clemson Tiger during his college recruiting process. Mason told the Athens Banner-Herald that he really enjoyed his recruiting visit to Clemson back in December 2009.
“Clemson never offered me, but I took a visit to Clemson and when I left there, they told me they were going to offer me the next day,” said Mason.
“I can remember going home that night and I absolutely loved Clemson,” Mason said. “It was Georgia and Clemson I was back and forth.”
But the offer did not come as planned and Clemson went in a different direction recruiting-wise.
The above video is high school highlights of Hutson Mason in 2009.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Martavis Bryant to coach high school football
- Finebaum would want his son to play for Dabo Swinney
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- WATCH: Wilkins catches a pass while riding a bicycle
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker