|Georgia starting QB 'absolutely loved Clemson'|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:28 PM||
Senior Georgia starting quarterback Hutson Mason was close to being a Clemson Tiger during his college recruiting process. Mason told the Athens Banner-Herald that he really enjoyed his recruiting visit to Clemson back in December 2009.
“Clemson never offered me, but I took a visit to Clemson and when I left there, they told me they were going to offer me the next day,” said Mason.
“I can remember going home that night and I absolutely loved Clemson,” Mason said. “It was Georgia and Clemson I was back and forth.”
But the offer did not come as planned and Clemson went in a different direction recruiting-wise.
Clemson ended up signing quarterbacks Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 231
View Full Profile, Morgan Roberts and Tony McNeal for its 2011 recruiting class.
The above video is high school highlights of Hutson Mason in 2009.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- Spiller switches jersey number with Saints
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- Former Clemson SG hired by 49ers staff
- Report: Clemson adds Akron to future schedule