|Georgia starting QB 'absolutely loved Clemson'|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:28 PM||
Senior Georgia starting quarterback Hutson Mason was close to being a Clemson Tiger during his college recruiting process. Mason told the Athens Banner-Herald that he really enjoyed his recruiting visit to Clemson back in December 2009.
“Clemson never offered me, but I took a visit to Clemson and when I left there, they told me they were going to offer me the next day,” said Mason.
“I can remember going home that night and I absolutely loved Clemson,” Mason said. “It was Georgia and Clemson I was back and forth.”
But the offer did not come as planned and Clemson went in a different direction recruiting-wise.
Clemson ended up signing quarterbacks Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 231
View Full Profile, Morgan Roberts and Tony McNeal for its 2011 recruiting class.
The above video is high school highlights of Hutson Mason in 2009.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- C.J. Spiller will not be returning to the Bills
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Report: Spiller turned down $4.5 million from Bills
- ESPN ranks Watson #2 intriguing ACC figure