|Freeman completes the All-American triple|
Clemson, SC—Clemson center Dalton FreemanDalton Freeman
#55 6-5, 265
View Full Profile has been named a first-team Strength All-American by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
This completes the All-American triple for Freeman, who was named a first-team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association and a second-team Academic All-American by CoSIDA earlier this year.
Freeman joins former Clemson center Kyle Young (2001) as the only Tiger football players to be an All-American on the field, in the classroom and in the strength training facility in the same year.
Freeman is the 14th Clemson football player to be an All-American on the field and in the strength training room over his career, the first since Thomas AustinThomas Austin
# 6-4, 285
View Full Profile in 2009. Other former Clemson football players to do both are Jeff Davis, Jeff Bryant, Lee Nanney, William Perry, Donnell Woolford, Levon KirklandLevon Kirkland
# 0, 0
View Full Profile, Stacy Seegars, Nelson Welch, Brian DawkinsBrian Dawkins
#20 6-0, 200
View Full Profile, Kyle Young, Leroy HillLeroy Hill
# 6-1, 238
View Full Profile, and C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile.
Freeman played 53 games over his four-year career from 2009-12 and started 49, all consecutively to end his career. He played 3258 career snaps, more than any other player regardless of position.
Additionally, Freeman was a four-time Academic All-ACC selection, two time first-time All-ACC on the field, two time Rimington Award Finalist, and first-team All-American by the Football Coaches Association. Clemson won or tied for first in the Atlantic Division of the ACC three of his four years and had three top 25 team finishes.
Freeman will begin training camp with the New York Jets next week.
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo