|Freeman, Brown named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society|
Clemson, SC—Clemson 2012 senior football players Dalton FreemanDalton Freeman
#55 6-5, 265
View Full Profile and Jaron BrownJaron Brown
#18 6-2, 205
View Full Profile have both been named to the National Football Foundation Hampshire Honor Society. The society recognizes college football players at all levels who have been outstanding players on the field and finished their academic careers with a grade point average of at least a 3.2. Only student-athletes in their final year of eligibility are eligible.
Both Freeman and Brown have already graduated and will soon embark on professional careers, Freeman with the New York Jets and Brown with the Arizona Cardinals.
Both players helped Clemson to an 11-win season and final top 10 national ranking. Freeman was a first-team All-American according to the AFCA (Football Coaches Association), and was a second-team Academic All-American in a addition to making the Academic All-ACC team and on-the-field All-ACC team.
Freeman and Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o were the only players nationally to make first-team All-American according to the AFCA and be inducted into the Hampshire Honor Society.
Freeman concluded his career as Clemson’s all-time leader in plays and tied the school record for starts with 49. He was Clemson’s first four-year starter at center since the 1940s.
Brown was a three-year starter at wide receiver who had 21 receptions for 345 yards this past year when he was first-team Academic All-ACC for the third time and first-team Academic All-District according to CoSIDA. He finished his career with 87 receptions for 1186 yards and eight touchdowns.
Freeman and Brown were two of 11 ACC players who were named to the Hampshire Honor Society. The others were Lee Butler, Conor Irwin, Brian Moore and Sean Renfree of Duke, McKay Frandsen and Mike Glennon of NC State, Peter Mangrum of North Carolina, Gabe Irby of Wake Forest and Joseph Phillips of Virginia Tech.
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Boulware wins 2016 Jack Lambert Award
- Latest Heisman odds for Deshaun Watson
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!