|Fox Sports thinks Clemson ranked too low|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, August 1, 2014 8:00 AM||
FoxSports.com has released its 10 teams ranked too high or too low in the first coaches poll of 2014.
Clemson was one of five schools that was ranked too low (#16) in their opinion. Georgia was also one of the other undervalued teams (#12) mentioned in the list.
The Tigers have finished 11th and eighth the past two seasons. Voters presumably dropped them a few rungs due to the departure of offensive stars Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
Quarterback (2009 - 2013)
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile and Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile. But look at the other side of the ball. Clemson brings back nearly the entire front seven from a defense that improved from 69th to 23rd nationally last season, most notably All-American defensive end Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile. And coordinator Chad Morris’ offense will be fine.
Of course, three of the Tigers’ opponents -- Florida State, South Carolina and Georgia -- rank in the Top 12. But they played them all last year and still finished in the Top 10.
ICYMI: Clemson Football 2014 Video "The New Era"
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Ulric Jones apologizes to Watson, Clemson fanbase
- Game Times Announced for Clemson Football's First 3 Games
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds