|Fox Sports thinks Clemson ranked too low|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-01 08:00:55.0-||
FoxSports.com has released its 10 teams ranked too high or too low in the first coaches poll of 2014.
Clemson was one of five schools that was ranked too low (#16) in their opinion. Georgia was also one of the other undervalued teams (#12) mentioned in the list.
The Tigers have finished 11th and eighth the past two seasons. Voters presumably dropped them a few rungs due to the departure of offensive stars Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
Quarterback (2009 - 2013)
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile and Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile. But look at the other side of the ball. Clemson brings back nearly the entire front seven from a defense that improved from 69th to 23rd nationally last season, most notably All-American defensive end Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile. And coordinator Chad Morris’ offense will be fine.
Of course, three of the Tigers’ opponents -- Florida State, South Carolina and Georgia -- rank in the Top 12. But they played them all last year and still finished in the Top 10.
ICYMI: Clemson Football 2014 Video "The New Era"
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"