|Four Tigers will be suspended for Georgia|
|Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:23 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Head football coach Dabo Swinney announced Tuesday the suspension of four players for the first game of the 2014 season at Georgia on August 30. David Beasley, Shaq Anthony, Garry Peters and Corey Crawford will miss the season opener due to a violation of team rules.
“I am disappointed to announce that these young men will miss the 2014 opener at Georgia,” Swinney said.
“A huge part of our program is teaching accountability, responsibility and that there are consequences for your actions. These are four good young men, but they broke a team rule and as a result, they will each miss a game. I am hopeful that they will learn and grow from this and have a great 2014 season on and off the field.”
Crawford, a defensive end, and Beasley and offensive guard, were starters last year, while Peters, a defensive back, and Anthony, an offensive tackle, were key reserves who will compete for starting roles this year.
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker