|Four Tigers will be suspended for Georgia|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:23 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Head football coach Dabo Swinney announced Tuesday the suspension of four players for the first game of the 2014 season at Georgia on August 30. David Beasley, Shaq Anthony, Garry Peters and Corey Crawford will miss the season opener due to a violation of team rules.
“I am disappointed to announce that these young men will miss the 2014 opener at Georgia,” Swinney said.
“A huge part of our program is teaching accountability, responsibility and that there are consequences for your actions. These are four good young men, but they broke a team rule and as a result, they will each miss a game. I am hopeful that they will learn and grow from this and have a great 2014 season on and off the field.”
Crawford, a defensive end, and Beasley and offensive guard, were starters last year, while Peters, a defensive back, and Anthony, an offensive tackle, were key reserves who will compete for starting roles this year.
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies