|Four Tigers will be suspended for Georgia|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:23 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Head football coach Dabo Swinney announced Tuesday the suspension of four players for the first game of the 2014 season at Georgia on August 30. David Beasley, Shaq Anthony, Garry Peters and Corey Crawford will miss the season opener due to a violation of team rules.
“I am disappointed to announce that these young men will miss the 2014 opener at Georgia,” Swinney said.
“A huge part of our program is teaching accountability, responsibility and that there are consequences for your actions. These are four good young men, but they broke a team rule and as a result, they will each miss a game. I am hopeful that they will learn and grow from this and have a great 2014 season on and off the field.”
Crawford, a defensive end, and Beasley and offensive guard, were starters last year, while Peters, a defensive back, and Anthony, an offensive tackle, were key reserves who will compete for starting roles this year.
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson ranked in Top 15 in Preseason AP Poll
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- WATCH: Jaron Brown makes ridiculous catch against Chargers