|Former Clemson WR cut by the Jets|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, August 24, 2014 12:51 PM||
Former Clemson speed burner Jacoby FordJacoby Ford
Wide Receiver (2006 - 2009)
#6 5-9, 175
Royal Palm Beach, FL
View Full Profile was released by the New York Jets on Sunday. The Jets had until Tuesday to cut their roster down to 75 players.
Other Jets that were cut included DE Alejandro Villanueva, TE Colin Anderson, WR Mike Campbell, CB Ras-I Dowling, DE Anthony Grady and FB Chad Young. However, former Clemson record setting quarterback Tajh Boyd is still on the Jets' roster.
The Jets signed Ford back in April to a free agent contract for $740,000.
Ford has 57 career NFL receptions with 848 yards receiving and three touchdowns. In 2013, he had 13 catches for 99 yards in 14 games last season. He spent most of the season recovering from Lisfranc surgery.
At Clemson, Ford and C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile became the greatest all-purpose duo in NCAA history. Ford was drafted by the Raiders in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL draft (108th overall).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released
- Clemson ranked in Athlon's Top 25 Preseason Poll