|Former Clemson WR cut by the Jets|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, August 24, 2014 12:51 PM||
Jacoby FordJacoby Ford
Wide Receiver (2006 - 2009)
#6 5-9, 175
Royal Palm Beach, FL
View Full Profile was released by the New York Jets on Sunday. The Jets had until Tuesday to cut their roster down to 75 players.
Other Jets that were cut included DE Alejandro Villanueva, TE Colin Anderson, WR Mike Campbell, CB Ras-I Dowling, DE Anthony Grady and FB Chad Young. However, former Clemson record setting quarterback Tajh Boyd is still on the Jets' roster.
The Jets signed Ford back in April to a free agent contract for $740,000.
Ford has 57 career NFL receptions with 848 yards receiving and three touchdowns. In 2013, he had 13 catches for 99 yards in 14 games last season. He spent most of the season recovering from Lisfranc surgery.
At Clemson, Ford and C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile became the greatest all-purpose duo in NCAA history. Ford was drafted by the Raiders in the 4th round of the 2010 NFL draft (108th overall).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley