|Former Clemson RB re-signs with Cardinals|
|Assoc. Editor - 2017-03-13 15:08:49.0-||
The Arizona Cardinals announced on Monday that they have re-signed former Clemson running back Andre Ellington to a one-year deal.
"It's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders," Ellington said in the team release. "But there wasn't a doubt in my mind I wanted to continue my career here. I came in, the fan base embraced me, they treated me like family."
Ellington will serve as a backup to starting running back David Johnson.
"(My role) is to get in where I fit in," Ellington said. "David is a talented guy, but he's human. He's going to need a break every once in a while. That'll be my job to step in and spare him a little bit."
In 2016, he had only 34 rushes for 96 yards and 12 catches for 85 yards. In his first two seasons in the NFL, he had 319 rushes for 1,312 yards and 85 receptions for 766 yards. For his career, he has 398 rushes for 1,697 yards and nine rushing scores.
He was drafted out of Clemson in the sixth round (#187th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season