|Former Clemson INF called up to MLB|
CLEMSON, S.C. - Former Tiger first-baseman Ben Paulsen was called up to the majors for the first time with the Colorado Rockies on Monday. The Acworth, Ga. native batted .291 with 15 homers, six triples, 24 doubles, 47 RBIs and a .380 on-base percentage in 95 games with the Colorado Springs (AAA) SkySox in 2014.
Paulsen, son of former Clemson Assistant Coach (2003-10) and current Winthrop Head Coach Tom Riginos (2011-present), can become the 52nd Tiger in history to play in an MLB game and the seventh Tiger in 2014. He can also become the fourth member of the 2009 Clemson team to don a major league uniform, joining lefthander Chris Dwyer, infielder Brad MillerBrad Miller
Infielder (2009 - 2011)
#13 6-1, 185
View Full Profile and infielder Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile. Parker and Paulsen have been teammates in the Rockies organization at different levels.
In three years (2007-09) as a Tiger, Paulsen batted .318 with 31 homers, five triples, 34 doubles and 130 RBIs in 182 games. He was drafted in the third round (No. 90 overall pick) by the Rockies in 2009 after his best season as a Tiger. That year, he hit .367 with 13 homers and 61 RBIs in 66 games.
At every minor-league level with the Rockies organization, Paulsen had a career .277 batting average, 78 homers, 33 triples, 142 doubles, 375 RBIs and 15 steals in 648 games from 2009-14.
Earlier in July, he was named to the Triple-A All-Star Game. The Rockies begin a three-game home series Monday at 8:40 p.m. EDT against Washington. Paulsen is penciled in the starting lineup for tonight's game against the Nationals.
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids