|Former Clemson DB signed by Sharks|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, January 27, 2014 7:10 PM-||
Former Clemson DB Xavier BrewerXavier Brewer
Gr. Defensive Back
#9 5-11, 190
View Full Profile has signed a 1 year rookie contract to play for the Jacksonville Sharks. The Sharks are members of the Arena Football League (AFL).
The 24-year-old Brewer (5’11”, 195) originally signed with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent following the 2013 NFL Draft. Brewer participated in training camp with the Cowboys before being waived by the team on August 31.
Brewer comes to professional football from Clemson University, where he was a fixture in the Tigers’ secondary, starting 34 of the 53 games in which he participated. Elected as a team co-captain as a senior in 2012, Brewer wrapped up his collegiate career with a total of 64 tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumble and five pass breakups.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Ben Boulware injury update
- WATCH: Dabo Swinney says there is pressure in this world but none on his team
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- Clemson OT will not start against Wake Forest due to personal issue
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney discusses Mike Williams returning this season
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner