|Former Clemson DB signed by Sharks|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, January 27, 2014 7:10 PM||
Former Clemson DB Xavier BrewerXavier Brewer
Gr. Defensive Back
#9 5-11, 190
View Full Profile has signed a 1 year rookie contract to play for the Jacksonville Sharks. The Sharks are members of the Arena Football League (AFL).
The 24-year-old Brewer (5’11”, 195) originally signed with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent following the 2013 NFL Draft. Brewer participated in training camp with the Cowboys before being waived by the team on August 31.
Brewer comes to professional football from Clemson University, where he was a fixture in the Tigers’ secondary, starting 34 of the 53 games in which he participated. Elected as a team co-captain as a senior in 2012, Brewer wrapped up his collegiate career with a total of 64 tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumble and five pass breakups.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- Mac Lain says Wilkins is "just amazing"