|Former Clemson DB signed by Sharks|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, January 27, 2014 7:10 PM-||
Former Clemson DB Xavier BrewerXavier Brewer
Gr. Defensive Back
#9 5-11, 190
View Full Profile has signed a 1 year rookie contract to play for the Jacksonville Sharks. The Sharks are members of the Arena Football League (AFL).
The 24-year-old Brewer (5’11”, 195) originally signed with the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent following the 2013 NFL Draft. Brewer participated in training camp with the Cowboys before being waived by the team on August 31.
Brewer comes to professional football from Clemson University, where he was a fixture in the Tigers’ secondary, starting 34 of the 53 games in which he participated. Elected as a team co-captain as a senior in 2012, Brewer wrapped up his collegiate career with a total of 64 tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumble and five pass breakups.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game