|Final: Clemson 16, Georgia 4|
ATHENS, GA. - Every Tiger starter had at least one hit and scored at least one run by the fifth inning in No. 20 Clemson's 16-4 victory over Georgia at a chilly Foley Field on Tuesday night. The Tigers (15-9), who won their fifth game in a row at Foley Field, took a 1-0 lead in the home-and-home series over the Bulldogs (14-11-1), as the two teams will play at Clemson on April 8.
Clemson, who totaled 17 hits in the game, scored three runs in the first inning and never relinquished its lead. The Tigers put the game out of reach with seven runs in the fifth inning, their highest-scoring frame of the season. Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile's two-run homer and Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile's three-run double highlighted the uprising. Duggar led the Tigers at the play with a career-high four hits and four RBIs in the contest.
Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
So. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 190
View Full Profile (3-4) pitched 6.0 effective innings in his first start of the season to earn the win. He gave up four hits, three runs (two earned) and four walks with four strikeouts. Georgia starter Jared Walsh (1-1) suffered the loss.
Clemson travels to College Park, Md. to take on No. 25 Maryland in a three-game series starting Friday at 6:30 p.m.
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids