|Final: Clemson 16, Georgia 4|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:30 PM||
ATHENS, GA. - Every Tiger starter had at least one hit and scored at least one run by the fifth inning in No. 20 Clemson's 16-4 victory over Georgia at a chilly Foley Field on Tuesday night. The Tigers (15-9), who won their fifth game in a row at Foley Field, took a 1-0 lead in the home-and-home series over the Bulldogs (14-11-1), as the two teams will play at Clemson on April 8.
Clemson, who totaled 17 hits in the game, scored three runs in the first inning and never relinquished its lead. The Tigers put the game out of reach with seven runs in the fifth inning, their highest-scoring frame of the season. Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile's two-run homer and Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile's three-run double highlighted the uprising. Duggar led the Tigers at the play with a career-high four hits and four RBIs in the contest.
Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
So. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 190
View Full Profile (3-4) pitched 6.0 effective innings in his first start of the season to earn the win. He gave up four hits, three runs (two earned) and four walks with four strikeouts. Georgia starter Jared Walsh (1-1) suffered the loss.
Clemson travels to College Park, Md. to take on No. 25 Maryland in a three-game series starting Friday at 6:30 p.m.
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released