|Final: Clemson 16, Georgia 4|
|Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:30 PM-||
ATHENS, GA. - Every Tiger starter had at least one hit and scored at least one run by the fifth inning in No. 20 Clemson's 16-4 victory over Georgia at a chilly Foley Field on Tuesday night. The Tigers (15-9), who won their fifth game in a row at Foley Field, took a 1-0 lead in the home-and-home series over the Bulldogs (14-11-1), as the two teams will play at Clemson on April 8.
Clemson, who totaled 17 hits in the game, scored three runs in the first inning and never relinquished its lead. The Tigers put the game out of reach with seven runs in the fifth inning, their highest-scoring frame of the season. Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile's two-run homer and Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile's three-run double highlighted the uprising. Duggar led the Tigers at the play with a career-high four hits and four RBIs in the contest.
Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
So. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 190
View Full Profile (3-4) pitched 6.0 effective innings in his first start of the season to earn the win. He gave up four hits, three runs (two earned) and four walks with four strikeouts. Georgia starter Jared Walsh (1-1) suffered the loss.
Clemson travels to College Park, Md. to take on No. 25 Maryland in a three-game series starting Friday at 6:30 p.m.
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- ACC Baseball Championship moved up due to forecast
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- 19 Clemson students rescued from Kentucky cave
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts
- Bender returns to Clemson
- Former Valparaiso forward will transfer to Clemson
- Clemson-FSU ranked #2 highest stakes in 2016