|Final: Clemson 16, Georgia 4|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:30 PM||
Clemson, who totaled 17 hits in the game, scored three runs in the first inning and never relinquished its lead. The Tigers put the game out of reach with seven runs in the fifth inning, their highest-scoring frame of the season. Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile's two-run homer and Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile's three-run double highlighted the uprising. Duggar led the Tigers at the play with a career-high four hits and four RBIs in the contest.
Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
So. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 190
View Full Profile (3-4) pitched 6.0 effective innings in his first start of the season to earn the win. He gave up four hits, three runs (two earned) and four walks with four strikeouts. Georgia starter Jared Walsh (1-1) suffered the loss.
Clemson travels to College Park, Md. to take on No. 25 Maryland in a three-game series starting Friday at 6:30 p.m.
- Tajh Boyd scheduled to workout for a NFL team
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Former Clemson Two-Sport Star passes away
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains