|Ellington to have diverse workload for Cardinals|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:39 AM||
Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
Running Back (2008 - 2012)
#23 5-10, 195
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile will have a much heavier workload than his rookie season where he rushed 118 times for 652 yards (5.5 ypc). He also caught 39 passes for 371 yards and a touchdown.
Arizona Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians has been on record stating that he plans on Andre Ellington to be a player that the team can "build our offense around him."
"He is still not a guy who you will pound up the middle 30 times a game and survive," Arians said at the NFL owners meetings. "He can run the football 30 times a game if you do it correctly, but you'd rather have him have 10 catches and 20 carries and let Stepfan Taylor or (Jonathan) Dwyer have the rest of the carries."
Ellington finished his Clemson career 4th all-time on the rushing list with 3,436 yards and third in rushing touchdowns with 33. He was selected in the 6th round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec