|Ellington to have diverse workload for Cardinals|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:39 AM||
Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
Running Back (2008 - 2012)
#23 5-10, 195
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile will have a much heavier workload than his rookie season where he rushed 118 times for 652 yards (5.5 ypc). He also caught 39 passes for 371 yards and a touchdown.
Arizona Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians has been on record stating that he plans on Andre Ellington to be a player that the team can "build our offense around him."
"He is still not a guy who you will pound up the middle 30 times a game and survive," Arians said at the NFL owners meetings. "He can run the football 30 times a game if you do it correctly, but you'd rather have him have 10 catches and 20 carries and let Stepfan Taylor or (Jonathan) Dwyer have the rest of the carries."
Ellington finished his Clemson career 4th all-time on the rushing list with 3,436 yards and third in rushing touchdowns with 33. He was selected in the 6th round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley