|Ellington to have diverse workload for Cardinals|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:39 AM||
Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
Running Back (2008 - 2012)
#23 5-10, 195
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile will have a much heavier workload than his rookie season where he rushed 118 times for 652 yards (5.5 ypc). He also caught 39 passes for 371 yards and a touchdown.
Arizona Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians has been on record stating that he plans on Andre Ellington to be a player that the team can "build our offense around him."
"He is still not a guy who you will pound up the middle 30 times a game and survive," Arians said at the NFL owners meetings. "He can run the football 30 times a game if you do it correctly, but you'd rather have him have 10 catches and 20 carries and let Stepfan Taylor or (Jonathan) Dwyer have the rest of the carries."
Ellington finished his Clemson career 4th all-time on the rushing list with 3,436 yards and third in rushing touchdowns with 33. He was selected in the 6th round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Mel Kiper's take on Vic Beasley
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains