|Eagles were interested in trading for C.J. Spiller|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, April 14, 2014 3:34 PM||
The Philadelphia Eagles were highly interested in trading for C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile in February according to multiple league sources. In the last two seasons, C.J. Spiller has accounted for 2,821 yards for the Bills.
The Eagles eventually ended up with veteran play-maker, Darren Sproles to help their fast-paced offense.
How do you think a running back tandem of Spiller/McCoy would have done in Philly?
The Eagles contacted the Bills this offseason with hopes of trading for versatile Pro Bowl running back C.J. Spiller, according to two league sources familiar with the situation. The Bills weren’t interested in moving Spiller, both sources said, and talks never heightened into an offer.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI