|ESPN's Todd McShay has Sammy Watkins in top 5|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, April 11, 2014 9:38 AM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile goes to the Oakland Raiders (#5 overall) in ESPN's Mock Draft 4.0 by draft analyst Todd McShay.
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
I'm told that if the Raiders are to select a QB at No. 5, it would be Blake Bortles. With him off the board in this scenario, I think they'd hold off on taking a QB and instead look to add a weapon for Matt Schaub in Watkins. They need help at wide receiver, and Watkins has an elite skill set with excellent acceleration as a vertical route runner and after the catch. He also has great competitiveness and body control on contested catches that allow him to play bigger than his 6-1, 211-pound frame.
Video description: Todd McShay runs through his latest NFL mock draft and tells us why one of the top QBs has slid down the board.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab