|ESPN's Todd McShay has Sammy Watkins in top 5|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, April 11, 2014 9:38 AM-||
Former Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile goes to the Oakland Raiders (#5 overall) in ESPN's Mock Draft 4.0 by draft analyst Todd McShay.
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
I'm told that if the Raiders are to select a QB at No. 5, it would be Blake Bortles. With him off the board in this scenario, I think they'd hold off on taking a QB and instead look to add a weapon for Matt Schaub in Watkins. They need help at wide receiver, and Watkins has an elite skill set with excellent acceleration as a vertical route runner and after the catch. He also has great competitiveness and body control on contested catches that allow him to play bigger than his 6-1, 211-pound frame.
Video description: Todd McShay runs through his latest NFL mock draft and tells us why one of the top QBs has slid down the board.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game