|ESPN's Todd McShay has Sammy Watkins in top 5|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, April 11, 2014 9:38 AM||
Former Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile goes to the Oakland Raiders (#5 overall) in ESPN's Mock Draft 4.0 by draft analyst Todd McShay.
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
I'm told that if the Raiders are to select a QB at No. 5, it would be Blake Bortles. With him off the board in this scenario, I think they'd hold off on taking a QB and instead look to add a weapon for Matt Schaub in Watkins. They need help at wide receiver, and Watkins has an elite skill set with excellent acceleration as a vertical route runner and after the catch. He also has great competitiveness and body control on contested catches that allow him to play bigger than his 6-1, 211-pound frame.
Video description: Todd McShay runs through his latest NFL mock draft and tells us why one of the top QBs has slid down the board.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"