|ESPN's Todd McShay has Sammy Watkins in top 5|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, April 11, 2014 9:38 AM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile goes to the Oakland Raiders (#5 overall) in ESPN's Mock Draft 4.0 by draft analyst Todd McShay.
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
I'm told that if the Raiders are to select a QB at No. 5, it would be Blake Bortles. With him off the board in this scenario, I think they'd hold off on taking a QB and instead look to add a weapon for Matt Schaub in Watkins. They need help at wide receiver, and Watkins has an elite skill set with excellent acceleration as a vertical route runner and after the catch. He also has great competitiveness and body control on contested catches that allow him to play bigger than his 6-1, 211-pound frame.
Video description: Todd McShay runs through his latest NFL mock draft and tells us why one of the top QBs has slid down the board.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Future non-conference football opponents for Clemson