|ESPN's Todd McShay has Sammy Watkins in top 5|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, April 11, 2014 9:38 AM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile goes to the Oakland Raiders (#5 overall) in ESPN's Mock Draft 4.0 by draft analyst Todd McShay.
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
I'm told that if the Raiders are to select a QB at No. 5, it would be Blake Bortles. With him off the board in this scenario, I think they'd hold off on taking a QB and instead look to add a weapon for Matt Schaub in Watkins. They need help at wide receiver, and Watkins has an elite skill set with excellent acceleration as a vertical route runner and after the catch. He also has great competitiveness and body control on contested catches that allow him to play bigger than his 6-1, 211-pound frame.
Video description: Todd McShay runs through his latest NFL mock draft and tells us why one of the top QBs has slid down the board.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement