|ESPN's Todd McShay has Sammy Watkins in top 5|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-04-11 09:38:26.0-||
Former Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile goes to the Oakland Raiders (#5 overall) in ESPN's Mock Draft 4.0 by draft analyst Todd McShay.
5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
I'm told that if the Raiders are to select a QB at No. 5, it would be Blake Bortles. With him off the board in this scenario, I think they'd hold off on taking a QB and instead look to add a weapon for Matt Schaub in Watkins. They need help at wide receiver, and Watkins has an elite skill set with excellent acceleration as a vertical route runner and after the catch. He also has great competitiveness and body control on contested catches that allow him to play bigger than his 6-1, 211-pound frame.
Video description: Todd McShay runs through his latest NFL mock draft and tells us why one of the top QBs has slid down the board.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State