|ESPN ranks Deshaun Watson #1 future college star|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:29 PM-||
ESPN's Tom Luginbill has released his Top 10 future college stars and it has Clemson's true freshman quarterback Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile as their #1 future star in college football.
Don't be surprised if Watson is the starting quarterback as a true freshman at Clemson by midseason of this year. Although he was injured in spring football, he made great strides and a fantastic impression on both the coaching staff and his teammates. Cole Stoudt may be the senior, but he does not have Watson's talent. Plus, Stoudt lacks the high-level athleticism that offensive coordinator Chad Morris seeks. Watson has a chance to be special, and from a maturity standpoint he is capable of handling the jump from high school to college with very few growing pains. He's the quarterback of the future of this program and will be charged with continuing its run of double-digit-win seasons and competing for championships.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game