|ESPN ranks Clemson vs Oregon #2 dream ACC non-conference game|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, April 1, 2014 9:17 AM||
ESPN has compiled their top five "dream" nonconference matchups involving the ACC and they have Clemson vs. Oregon ranked #2 overall.
2. Clemson vs. Oregon: This is an intriguing offensive matchup that we were teased with last November, when there was a possibility that they might play in the Discover Orange Bowl. Oregon was No. 4 in the country in scoring offense at 45.5 points per game, while Clemson was No. 8 at 40.2 points per game. With quarterback Marcus Mariota back, the Ducks should again have one of the top teams in the country, but Clemson’s defense could finally reach an elite level this fall. If Clemson finds some dependable offensive leaders this offseason, there’s no reason the Tigers can’t continue their offensive success and reload under coordinator Chad Morris.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement
- Swinney says defense has work to do to "get some guys ready to play"