|ESPN lists Clemson basketball as a "bad job"|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:07 AM-||
ESPN analyst Myron Medcalf lists his college hoops bad jobs and has Clemson ranked as one of the eight worst jobs in the entire country.
Clemson is a football school. Basketball is not the priority. Never will be. Littlejohn Coliseum is a 10,000-seat arena, but the school's average attendance was 7,743, 61st nationally in 2012-13. Plus, Frank Martin's move to South Carolina has made recruiting within the region more competitive. The university just signed Brad Brownell to a six-year extension after the Tigers reached the NIT semifinals in March. He's 74-58 overall in four seasons at Clemson. The team hasn't earned an invite to the Big Dance since 2011, yet the program will reportedly owe Brownell between $3 million and $5 million if it fires him before his contract expires. That doesn't sound like a school that's committed to basketball as much as a university that just doesn't want to deal with any major changes in basketball anytime soon.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016
- NFL.com ranks Watson #1 QB to watch in 2016