TigerNet is the oldest and largest Clemson Community online with 131k members and 20M forum posts.
|ESPN lists Clemson basketball as a "bad job"|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-27 11:07:56.0-||
ESPN analyst Myron Medcalf lists his college hoops bad jobs and has Clemson ranked as one of the eight worst jobs in the entire country.
Clemson is a football school. Basketball is not the priority. Never will be. Littlejohn Coliseum is a 10,000-seat arena, but the school's average attendance was 7,743, 61st nationally in 2012-13. Plus, Frank Martin's move to South Carolina has made recruiting within the region more competitive. The university just signed Brad Brownell to a six-year extension after the Tigers reached the NIT semifinals in March. He's 74-58 overall in four seasons at Clemson. The team hasn't earned an invite to the Big Dance since 2011, yet the program will reportedly owe Brownell between $3 million and $5 million if it fires him before his contract expires. That doesn't sound like a school that's committed to basketball as much as a university that just doesn't want to deal with any major changes in basketball anytime soon.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney addresses SC's racial slur accusations
- WATCH: Awkward exchange between Muschamp and Swinney
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Muschamp didn't like Clemson celebrating seniors during 4th quarter
- WATCH: Watson, Gallman, Williams say goodbye to Clemson fans
- ESPN analyst Booger picks a fight with Clemson fans
- ESPN analyst says Bentley will outplay Deshaun Watson
- WATCH: Boulware with epic rant on South Carolina
- Clemson jumps up in latest AP Poll
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game