|ESPN lists Clemson basketball as a "bad job"|
|Associate Editor - Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:07 AM-||
ESPN analyst Myron Medcalf lists his college hoops bad jobs and has Clemson ranked as one of the eight worst jobs in the entire country.
Clemson is a football school. Basketball is not the priority. Never will be. Littlejohn Coliseum is a 10,000-seat arena, but the school's average attendance was 7,743, 61st nationally in 2012-13. Plus, Frank Martin's move to South Carolina has made recruiting within the region more competitive. The university just signed Brad Brownell to a six-year extension after the Tigers reached the NIT semifinals in March. He's 74-58 overall in four seasons at Clemson. The team hasn't earned an invite to the Big Dance since 2011, yet the program will reportedly owe Brownell between $3 million and $5 million if it fires him before his contract expires. That doesn't sound like a school that's committed to basketball as much as a university that just doesn't want to deal with any major changes in basketball anytime soon.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
- ESPN reporters are All-In on Clemson over ND