|ESPN lists Clemson basketball as a "bad job"|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:07 AM-||
ESPN analyst Myron Medcalf lists his college hoops bad jobs and has Clemson ranked as one of the eight worst jobs in the entire country.
Clemson is a football school. Basketball is not the priority. Never will be. Littlejohn Coliseum is a 10,000-seat arena, but the school's average attendance was 7,743, 61st nationally in 2012-13. Plus, Frank Martin's move to South Carolina has made recruiting within the region more competitive. The university just signed Brad Brownell to a six-year extension after the Tigers reached the NIT semifinals in March. He's 74-58 overall in four seasons at Clemson. The team hasn't earned an invite to the Big Dance since 2011, yet the program will reportedly owe Brownell between $3 million and $5 million if it fires him before his contract expires. That doesn't sound like a school that's committed to basketball as much as a university that just doesn't want to deal with any major changes in basketball anytime soon.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Former Clemson LB signs with Patriots