|ESPN analyst picks Clemson as a national title sleeper team|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, April 3, 2014 11:30 AM||
ESPN analyst Travis Haney thinks that Clemson is one of his three sleeper teams in college football this upcoming season. He visited Clemson earlier in the week and came away impressed with the team. His other two sleeper teams are LSU and Texas Tech.
A perception exists that the Tigers will slip after losing several key offensive pieces, including likely top-five pick Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile. Clemson’s coaches are not buying it, and neither am I.
The simple fact is, in a departure from the past couple of years, the defense is talented enough to carry the offense if it needs to do so for stretches.
Video description: Since its never too early to look ahead, ESPN Insider Travis Haney takes a look a three teams that he thinks could be sleepers for the 2014 college football season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"