|ESPN analyst picks Clemson as a national title sleeper team|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, April 3, 2014 11:30 AM||
ESPN analyst Travis Haney thinks that Clemson is one of his three sleeper teams in college football this upcoming season. He visited Clemson earlier in the week and came away impressed with the team. His other two sleeper teams are LSU and Texas Tech.
A perception exists that the Tigers will slip after losing several key offensive pieces, including likely top-five pick Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile. Clemson’s coaches are not buying it, and neither am I.
The simple fact is, in a departure from the past couple of years, the defense is talented enough to carry the offense if it needs to do so for stretches.
Video description: Since its never too early to look ahead, ESPN Insider Travis Haney takes a look a three teams that he thinks could be sleepers for the 2014 college football season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley