|ESPN: Three Tigers called 'Future No. 1 pass-catchers' in the NFL|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:28 AM-||
ESPN's Matt Williamson ranked the future top pass-catchers in the NFL and had Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile as the top player on the list. The ranked list includes both wide receivers and pass-catching tight ends.
1. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson Tigers: As with the other rookies on this list, we don't yet know where Watkins, the No. 1 receiver prospect, according to both Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, will land and I really don't care. I am this high on Watkins no matter what team he winds up with. The only thing Watkins is missing is great height, but he plays with aggression and physicality; he reminds me of the Ravens' Steve Smith in that regard, and also in how he plays bigger than he is. He also reminds me of Julio Jones in that he is violent and abrupt with all his movements, but also very fluid and under control. Watkins is a great weapon short -- he excels with the ball in his hands -- as well as deep, where he can run past defenders. I have little doubt in my mind Watkins will be truly great.
Former Clemson players DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
Wide Receiver (2010 - 2012)
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile (#12 overall) and Dwayne AllenDwayne Allen
Tight End (2008 - 2011)
#83 6-3, 255
View Full Profile (#13 overall) were also on the list.
Based on the article, statistically, Clemson could have 23% of the 'future No.1 pass catchers' in the NFL.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Gametime announced for Clemson-Auburn
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Swinney goes undercover as Fred from Albuquerque
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- ESPN announces changes to commentator lineup for 2016
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament