|ESPN: Three Tigers called 'Future No. 1 pass-catchers' in the NFL|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:28 AM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile as the top player on the list. The ranked list includes both wide receivers and pass-catching tight ends.
1. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson Tigers: As with the other rookies on this list, we don't yet know where Watkins, the No. 1 receiver prospect, according to both Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, will land and I really don't care. I am this high on Watkins no matter what team he winds up with. The only thing Watkins is missing is great height, but he plays with aggression and physicality; he reminds me of the Ravens' Steve Smith in that regard, and also in how he plays bigger than he is. He also reminds me of Julio Jones in that he is violent and abrupt with all his movements, but also very fluid and under control. Watkins is a great weapon short -- he excels with the ball in his hands -- as well as deep, where he can run past defenders. I have little doubt in my mind Watkins will be truly great.
Former Clemson players DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
Wide Receiver (2010 - 2012)
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile (#12 overall) and Dwayne AllenDwayne Allen
Tight End (2008 - 2011)
#83 6-3, 255
View Full Profile (#13 overall) were also on the list.
Based on the article, statistically, Clemson could have 23% of the 'future No.1 pass catchers' in the NFL.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec