|ESPN: Three Tigers called 'Future No. 1 pass-catchers' in the NFL|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:28 AM||
ESPN's Matt Williamson ranked the future top pass-catchers in the NFL and had Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile as the top player on the list. The ranked list includes both wide receivers and pass-catching tight ends.
1. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson Tigers: As with the other rookies on this list, we don't yet know where Watkins, the No. 1 receiver prospect, according to both Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, will land and I really don't care. I am this high on Watkins no matter what team he winds up with. The only thing Watkins is missing is great height, but he plays with aggression and physicality; he reminds me of the Ravens' Steve Smith in that regard, and also in how he plays bigger than he is. He also reminds me of Julio Jones in that he is violent and abrupt with all his movements, but also very fluid and under control. Watkins is a great weapon short -- he excels with the ball in his hands -- as well as deep, where he can run past defenders. I have little doubt in my mind Watkins will be truly great.
Former Clemson players DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
Wide Receiver (2010 - 2012)
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile (#12 overall) and Dwayne AllenDwayne Allen
Tight End (2008 - 2011)
#83 6-3, 255
View Full Profile (#13 overall) were also on the list.
Based on the article, statistically, Clemson could have 23% of the 'future No.1 pass catchers' in the NFL.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Tigers Sweep No. 8 FSU in Tallahassee
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released