|ESPN Prediction on Clemson-South Carolina|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:09 PM-||
ESPN's Heather Dinich picks South Carolina to beat Clemson this year in Death Valley in her latest "Snapping the streak" article.
Dinich thinks the Tigers have more to overcome with the losses of key personnel on offense like Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins. However, she does point out South Carolina has some losses as well, but she thinks the Gamecocks will continue to win even with losses to NFL.
South Carolina wins six in a row. Ouch. If Clemson couldn’t beat South Carolina WITH Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile and Boyd, why should we give them the benefit of the doubt without their record-setting quarterback, leading receiver and leading rusher? Clemson’s defense is going to be its strength this year, and one would think that by the time November rolls around, the offense will look like a seasoned group and have closed the gap. It’s not like South Carolina doesn’t have questions of its own, having to rebuild the defensive line and secondary. Key playmakers Connor Shaw, Jadeveon Clowney, Kelcy Quarles and Bruce Ellington have all moved on. The difference is that South Carolina has continued to win in spite of previous losses like that. Clemson has more to prove.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more