|ESPN Prediction on Clemson-South Carolina|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:09 PM-||
ESPN's Heather Dinich picks South Carolina to beat Clemson this year in Death Valley in her latest "Snapping the streak" article.
Dinich thinks the Tigers have more to overcome with the losses of key personnel on offense like Tajh Boyd and Sammy Watkins. However, she does point out South Carolina has some losses as well, but she thinks the Gamecocks will continue to win even with losses to NFL.
South Carolina wins six in a row. Ouch. If Clemson couldn’t beat South Carolina WITH Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile and Boyd, why should we give them the benefit of the doubt without their record-setting quarterback, leading receiver and leading rusher? Clemson’s defense is going to be its strength this year, and one would think that by the time November rolls around, the offense will look like a seasoned group and have closed the gap. It’s not like South Carolina doesn’t have questions of its own, having to rebuild the defensive line and secondary. Key playmakers Connor Shaw, Jadeveon Clowney, Kelcy Quarles and Bruce Ellington have all moved on. The difference is that South Carolina has continued to win in spite of previous losses like that. Clemson has more to prove.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- Renfrow breaks bone in hand playing pickup basketball
- Latest NCAA projection for Clemson
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits