|ESPN Prediction for Clemson-Georgia|
|Associate Editor - Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:41 AM-||
ESPN released its ACC Week 1 predictions and the ESPN analysts are mixed are who will win the Clemson-UGA game on Saturday.
ESPN's Andrea Adelson and David Hale predict a Clemson upset while Matt Fortuna and Jared Shanker go with the Bulldogs.
Why Clemson will win: Defense. It wins championships, right? It will win this game for Clemson. The Tigers led the nation in tackles for loss last year and return every single major contributor to the group. An improved front seven means better results slowing down Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall, the two players Clemson needs to slow down the most. Rather than the shootout we saw a year ago, the defenses will have a much bigger role. Right now, Clemson is better than Georgia there, so I'm calling for the upset.
-- Andrea Adelson
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney's epic rant on media using "Clemsoning"
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Clemson has a new starter at wide receiver
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the locker room after GT win
- Jimmy Fallon jokes on Bradley Pinion
- Photos: Clemson grass parking lots
- Photo: "One South Carolina" logo on display for Clemson-GT