|ESPN Prediction for Clemson-Georgia|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:41 AM-||
ESPN released its ACC Week 1 predictions and the ESPN analysts are mixed are who will win the Clemson-UGA game on Saturday.
ESPN's Andrea Adelson and David Hale predict a Clemson upset while Matt Fortuna and Jared Shanker go with the Bulldogs.
Why Clemson will win: Defense. It wins championships, right? It will win this game for Clemson. The Tigers led the nation in tackles for loss last year and return every single major contributor to the group. An improved front seven means better results slowing down Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall, the two players Clemson needs to slow down the most. Rather than the shootout we saw a year ago, the defenses will have a much bigger role. Right now, Clemson is better than Georgia there, so I'm calling for the upset.
-- Andrea Adelson
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016
- NFL.com ranks Watson #1 QB to watch in 2016