|ESPN Prediction for Clemson-Georgia|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-28 09:41:46.0-||
ESPN released its ACC Week 1 predictions and the ESPN analysts are mixed are who will win the Clemson-UGA game on Saturday.
ESPN's Andrea Adelson and David Hale predict a Clemson upset while Matt Fortuna and Jared Shanker go with the Bulldogs.
Why Clemson will win: Defense. It wins championships, right? It will win this game for Clemson. The Tigers led the nation in tackles for loss last year and return every single major contributor to the group. An improved front seven means better results slowing down Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall, the two players Clemson needs to slow down the most. Rather than the shootout we saw a year ago, the defenses will have a much bigger role. Right now, Clemson is better than Georgia there, so I'm calling for the upset.
-- Andrea Adelson
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- C.J. Spiller signs with AFC team
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Jim Phillips calls Renfrow's game-winning TD
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Clemson Tiger Paw at 2017 Daytona 500
- Photo: Billboard tribute for Bert Henderson
- Report: Bucs tender Adam Humphries
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson documentary "One Shot"