|Dwayne Allen ranked #1 breakout candidate by ESPN|
|Assoc. Editor - Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:00 AM-||
1. Dwayne Allen, TE, Indianapolis Colts. Allen has already shown ability as a blocker and runner; a season-ending hip injury was what held him back in 2013, and there are apparently no limitations now. Pairing a player as talented as Allen with a quarterback as talented as Andrew Luck makes Allen a safe breakout bet.
Allen is coming off hip surgery and was out for most of the 2013 season and still got the nod over TE Coby Fleener for the starting tight end position.
For his NFL career, Allen has 46 catches for 541 yards and 4 touchdowns. Allen was drafted in the third round (#64th overall) of the 2012 NFL draft. During his senior season at Clemson, he was the winner of the John Mackey Award which goes to the nation's top tight end.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Ben Boulware injury update
- WATCH: Dabo Swinney says there is pressure in this world but none on his team
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- Clemson OT will not start against Wake Forest due to personal issue
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney discusses Mike Williams returning this season
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner