|Dwayne Allen ranked #1 breakout candidate by ESPN|
|Assoc. Editor - Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:00 AM-||
1. Dwayne Allen, TE, Indianapolis Colts. Allen has already shown ability as a blocker and runner; a season-ending hip injury was what held him back in 2013, and there are apparently no limitations now. Pairing a player as talented as Allen with a quarterback as talented as Andrew Luck makes Allen a safe breakout bet.
Allen is coming off hip surgery and was out for most of the 2013 season and still got the nod over TE Coby Fleener for the starting tight end position.
For his NFL career, Allen has 46 catches for 541 yards and 4 touchdowns. Allen was drafted in the third round (#64th overall) of the 2012 NFL draft. During his senior season at Clemson, he was the winner of the John Mackey Award which goes to the nation's top tight end.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits