|Dwayne Allen ranked #1 breakout candidate by ESPN|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:00 AM||
Dwayne AllenDwayne Allen
Tight End (2008 - 2011)
#83 6-3, 255
View Full Profile was ranked by ESPN Insider as the #1 breakout candidate in the entire NFL.
1. Dwayne Allen, TE, Indianapolis Colts. Allen has already shown ability as a blocker and runner; a season-ending hip injury was what held him back in 2013, and there are apparently no limitations now. Pairing a player as talented as Allen with a quarterback as talented as Andrew Luck makes Allen a safe breakout bet.
Allen is coming off hip surgery and was out for most of the 2013 season and still got the nod over TE Coby Fleener for the starting tight end position.
For his NFL career, Allen has 46 catches for 541 yards and 4 touchdowns. Allen was drafted in the third round (#64th overall) of the 2012 NFL draft. During his senior season at Clemson, he was the winner of the John Mackey Award which goes to the nation's top tight end.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- WATCH: Clemson Hype Video - The Locker Room
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- Report: Patriots almost signed C.J. Spiller
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Andre Ellington injury update