|Discover, Tostitos to end bowl sponsorship|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:05 AM-||
Discover and Tostitos will not renew their sponsorship to their bowl games according to sportsbusinessdaily.com. Prices in the new playoff system have gone up $5 to $10 million more for advertising the big-time bowl games.
However, Capital One and ESPN have agreed on most terms for the Orange Bowl and an announcement could happen in the next few days.
Two more brands that were closely linked to the BCS — Discover and Tostitos — have told ESPN that they are ending their title sponsorship of playoff bowl games. Capital One, meanwhile, is in the final stages of negotiations to fill the void at the Orange Bowl, and ESPN still is looking for a sponsor to take the Fiesta Bowl position.
Discover has been the title sponsor of the Orange Bowl for the last four seasons, but the bigger surprise is Tostitos, which is set to end its 18-year association with the Fiesta Bowl, according to industry sources. The Frito-Lay brand enjoyed one of the longest-running title sponsorships in college football, but recently it advised ESPN, the CFP’s rights holder, that it doesn’t plan to renew.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson