|Discover, Tostitos to end bowl sponsorship|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:05 AM||
Discover and Tostitos will not renew their sponsorship to their bowl games according to sportsbusinessdaily.com. Prices in the new playoff system have gone up $5 to $10 million more for advertising the big-time bowl games.
However, Capital One and ESPN have agreed on most terms for the Orange Bowl and an announcement could happen in the next few days.
Two more brands that were closely linked to the BCS — Discover and Tostitos — have told ESPN that they are ending their title sponsorship of playoff bowl games. Capital One, meanwhile, is in the final stages of negotiations to fill the void at the Orange Bowl, and ESPN still is looking for a sponsor to take the Fiesta Bowl position.
Discover has been the title sponsor of the Orange Bowl for the last four seasons, but the bigger surprise is Tostitos, which is set to end its 18-year association with the Fiesta Bowl, according to industry sources. The Frito-Lay brand enjoyed one of the longest-running title sponsorships in college football, but recently it advised ESPN, the CFP’s rights holder, that it doesn’t plan to renew.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley