|Discover, Tostitos to end bowl sponsorship|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:05 AM||
Discover and Tostitos will not renew their sponsorship to their bowl games according to sportsbusinessdaily.com. Prices in the new playoff system have gone up $5 to $10 million more for advertising the big-time bowl games.
However, Capital One and ESPN have agreed on most terms for the Orange Bowl and an announcement could happen in the next few days.
Two more brands that were closely linked to the BCS — Discover and Tostitos — have told ESPN that they are ending their title sponsorship of playoff bowl games. Capital One, meanwhile, is in the final stages of negotiations to fill the void at the Orange Bowl, and ESPN still is looking for a sponsor to take the Fiesta Bowl position.
Discover has been the title sponsor of the Orange Bowl for the last four seasons, but the bigger surprise is Tostitos, which is set to end its 18-year association with the Fiesta Bowl, according to industry sources. The Frito-Lay brand enjoyed one of the longest-running title sponsorships in college football, but recently it advised ESPN, the CFP’s rights holder, that it doesn’t plan to renew.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story