|Dawkins, Williams inducted into SC Hall of Fame|
CLEMSON, S.C.-Two former Clemson football players, Rodney Williams and Brian DawkinsBrian Dawkins
Safety (1992 - 1995)
#20 6-0, 200
View Full Profile are being inducted into the South Carolina Athletic Hall of Fame in Ceremonies on Monday night at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center in Columbia, SC.
Dawkins was a three-year starter at Clemson in 1992-95. He finished his career at Clemson with 247 tackles and 11 interceptions. In 1995, he was named a second-team All-American by the Associated Press, and was first-team All-ACC in 1995.
Dawkins played for the Philadelphia Eagles in 1996-2008 and the Denver Broncos in 2009-2011. He was named to the Pro Bowl nine times and was named All-Pro six years.
Rodney Williams completed his Clemson career (1985-88) as the winningest starting quarterback in ACC history with a 32-10-2 overall record. He established Clemson career records for passing yards (4,647) pass completions (333) and pass attempts (717) while setting the career record for most starts regardless of position (44).
Williams was named most valuable player of the 1986 Gator Bowl and the 1988 Citrus Bowl.
Clemson admistrator, Bill D'Andrea was named the recipient of the Bobby Richardson Sportsmanship Award.
Williams and Dawkins are two of eight that are being honored. The other inductees include Edwin Bailey, Zam Fredrick, Monique Hennagan, Happ Lathrop, Randy Martz, and Carl Short.
Video courtesy: WACH FOX
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars