|Daniel Gossett signs with the Oakland A's|
|Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:19 PM-||
The A's have signed four of their top 10 selections from the 2014 First-Year Player Draft, including second-round pick Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile.
Gossett, a right-handed pitcher from Clemson taken 65th overall, received a $750,000 bonus, MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo has learned. The league's assigned value for that pick is $873,000.
Oakland also signed three other pitchers, according to Mayo: Jordan Schwartz (4th round, $175,000), Mike Fagan (ninth round, $20,000), and Corey Miller (10th round, $15,000).
Between the four signings, the A's paid $579,200 below the assigned slot values.
Fagan, a lefty from Princeton, and Miller, a righty from Pepperdine, likely received smaller bonuses because they are college seniors who lack the option to return to school.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect