|Daniel Gossett signs with the Oakland A's|
The A's have signed four of their top 10 selections from the 2014 First-Year Player Draft, including second-round pick Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile.
Gossett, a right-handed pitcher from Clemson taken 65th overall, received a $750,000 bonus, MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo has learned. The league's assigned value for that pick is $873,000.
Oakland also signed three other pitchers, according to Mayo: Jordan Schwartz (4th round, $175,000), Mike Fagan (ninth round, $20,000), and Corey Miller (10th round, $15,000).
Between the four signings, the A's paid $579,200 below the assigned slot values.
Fagan, a lefty from Princeton, and Miller, a righty from Pepperdine, likely received smaller bonuses because they are college seniors who lack the option to return to school.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- Clemson RB to transfer
- WATCH: Clemson's epic tribute video for Dabo Swinney
- First Look: Coca-Cola commemorative Clemson Championship can
- WATCH: Finebaum argues with an Alabama fan that Clemson is #1
- Church sign quotes Dabo Swinney
- WATCH: Boulware's emotional speech at Clemson's Championship celebration
- Bryant: "I know I'm on my last chance"
- WATCH: Epic Clemson song "It's Natty time"