|Daniel Gossett named to All-America team|
|Press Release - Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:22 PM||
TUCSON, Ariz. – Nine ACC student-athletes were named to the Louisville Slugger NCAA Division I All-America teams, as announced Thursday by Collegiate Baseball newspaper. The total is the most from any conference in the country.
The league contingent is led by Miami’s Chris Diaz and Virginia’s Nathan Kirby, the ACC Co-Pitchers of the Year, and NC State SS Trea Turner on the first team.
Florida State OF DJ Stewart, the ACC Player of the Year, and Clemson RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile were named to the second team, while Florida State RHP Luke Weaver, NC State LHP Carlos Rodon, North Carolina SS Michael Russell, and Virginia reliever Nick Howard all garnered third-team accolades.
The ACC also led nationally with six different schools represented on the Louisville Slugger All-America squads, while the league’s three players on the first team tied with the Pac-12 for the most in the country.
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies