|Daniel Gossett named to All-America team|
|Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:22 PM-||
TUCSON, Ariz. – Nine ACC student-athletes were named to the Louisville Slugger NCAA Division I All-America teams, as announced Thursday by Collegiate Baseball newspaper. The total is the most from any conference in the country.
The league contingent is led by Miami’s Chris Diaz and Virginia’s Nathan Kirby, the ACC Co-Pitchers of the Year, and NC State SS Trea Turner on the first team.
Florida State OF DJ Stewart, the ACC Player of the Year, and Clemson RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile were named to the second team, while Florida State RHP Luke Weaver, NC State LHP Carlos Rodon, North Carolina SS Michael Russell, and Virginia reliever Nick Howard all garnered third-team accolades.
The ACC also led nationally with six different schools represented on the Louisville Slugger All-America squads, while the league’s three players on the first team tied with the Pac-12 for the most in the country.
- ACC Baseball Championship moved up due to forecast
- Clemson named regional host for 2016 NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Ben Boulware trolls FSU after Clemson wins ACC Title
- WATCH: Clemson celebrates 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- 19 Clemson students rescued from Kentucky cave
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts