|Daniel Gossett named to All-America team|
|Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:22 PM-||
TUCSON, Ariz. – Nine ACC student-athletes were named to the Louisville Slugger NCAA Division I All-America teams, as announced Thursday by Collegiate Baseball newspaper. The total is the most from any conference in the country.
The league contingent is led by Miami’s Chris Diaz and Virginia’s Nathan Kirby, the ACC Co-Pitchers of the Year, and NC State SS Trea Turner on the first team.
Florida State OF DJ Stewart, the ACC Player of the Year, and Clemson RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile were named to the second team, while Florida State RHP Luke Weaver, NC State LHP Carlos Rodon, North Carolina SS Michael Russell, and Virginia reliever Nick Howard all garnered third-team accolades.
The ACC also led nationally with six different schools represented on the Louisville Slugger All-America squads, while the league’s three players on the first team tied with the Pac-12 for the most in the country.
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Gallman ranked in Athlon's Top 10 running backs of 2016