|Daniel Gossett named ACC Pitcher of the Week|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, May 12, 2014 3:06 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. - Junior righthander Daniel Gossett was named one of eight national players-of-the-week by Collegiate Baseball and earned ACC Pitcher-of-the-Week honors Monday. It was the second time in 2014 and third time in his career that he was named ACC Pitcher-of-the-Week. He tossed a four-hit shutout to earn the win in Clemson's 8-0 victory at Notre Dame on Saturday.
The Lyman, S.C. native allowed just four hits and one walk with 11 strikeouts in his second shutout of the season and third of his career. No Fighting Irish player advanced to third base in a game that saw Gossett face just five batters over the minimum.
For the season, Gossett is 7-0 with an ACC-best 1.57 ERA and .188 opponents' batting average. He has struck out 88 batters while walking 26 in 86.0 innings pitched over 12 starts. He also leads the ACC in ERA in league games (1.17).
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball