|Daniel Gossett Named 3rd Team All-American|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, December 23, 2013 1:03 PM||
Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
So. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (Lyman, SC) was named a preseason Louisville Slugger Third-Team All-American by Collegiate Baseball on Monday. Gossett was named a preseason third-team All-American by NCBWA earlier in December. The Second-Team All-ACC selection had a 10-4 record and 2.56 ERA in 98.1 innings pitched over 16 starts as a sophomore in 2013. He allowed only 78 hits (.213 opponents' batting average) with 91 strikeouts and was in the top 10 in the ACC in wins, starts, opponents' batting average, strikeouts, innings pitched, and ERA. Gossett became the first Tiger since 2002 to record double-digit victories as well.
In two seasons in a Tiger uniform, Gossett has a 16-7 record, two saves, and a 3.34 ERA along with a .216 opponents' batting average and 178 strikeouts. His 9.14 career strikeouts-per-nine-innings-pitched mark is ninth-best in Clemson history.
Gossett will be a leading candidate to take the mound when the Tigers open the 2014 season against Eastern Michigan on February 14.
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets
- Clemson TE will likely miss spring game