|Daniel Gossett Named 3rd Team All-American|
|Monday, December 23, 2013 1:03 PM-||
Clemson, SC - Junior righthander Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
So. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (Lyman, SC) was named a preseason Louisville Slugger Third-Team All-American by Collegiate Baseball on Monday. Gossett was named a preseason third-team All-American by NCBWA earlier in December. The Second-Team All-ACC selection had a 10-4 record and 2.56 ERA in 98.1 innings pitched over 16 starts as a sophomore in 2013. He allowed only 78 hits (.213 opponents' batting average) with 91 strikeouts and was in the top 10 in the ACC in wins, starts, opponents' batting average, strikeouts, innings pitched, and ERA. Gossett became the first Tiger since 2002 to record double-digit victories as well.
In two seasons in a Tiger uniform, Gossett has a 16-7 record, two saves, and a 3.34 ERA along with a .216 opponents' batting average and 178 strikeouts. His 9.14 career strikeouts-per-nine-innings-pitched mark is ninth-best in Clemson history.
Gossett will be a leading candidate to take the mound when the Tigers open the 2014 season against Eastern Michigan on February 14.
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs