|Dabo sends a message to the media: Get a new storyline about Clemson|
|by TigerNet Staff - Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:41 AM||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney had a message for the media after Saturday’s win over Georgia – stop questioning Clemson and its consistency.
“People need to start writing something different and whoever covers us need to start asking different questions,” Swinney said. “The bottom-line is this program has been as consistent as any program in college football over the last 30 something weeks. There are only 6 teams in America that have been ranked 30 something weeks in a row or more. There is only six. There are 125 teams.”
Swinney said the media needs to take a look at some other teams besides Clemson if they want to write about teams being inconsistent.
“How come they don’t say where is all these others,” Swinney said. “Because the only ones on that list [teams ranked last 30 weeks] are LSU, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford, South Carolina and Clemson. There are a whole lot of other great programs that are not on that list. So why don’t y’all write about them? Because Clemson has been as consistent as anybody in the country. We haven’t won them all but them other teams haven’t won it all either. But that seems like that always wants to come up. People always bring up something that happened from five years ago. We need to move on. Let’s get a different storyline. Let’s talk about what we have done, not what we haven’t done. We are beyond that. Our players deserve better than that.”
With all the comparisons of the ACC to SEC, Swinney said that he respects the SEC, but he is really just worried about Clemson.
“We got all the respect in the world for the SEC and all that stuff, but it is not about a league,”Swinney said. “ It’s about a program. It’s about a program.. bottom-line. Hey we love being in the ACC. We are very proud of all that stuff but we are worried about Clemson and being the best Clemson we can be. These guys don’t feel like they take a backseat to anybody.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story