|Dabo sends a message to the media: Get a new storyline about Clemson|
|Sunday, September 1, 2013 11:41 AM-||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney had a message for the media after Saturday’s win over Georgia – stop questioning Clemson and its consistency.
“People need to start writing something different and whoever covers us need to start asking different questions,” Swinney said. “The bottom-line is this program has been as consistent as any program in college football over the last 30 something weeks. There are only 6 teams in America that have been ranked 30 something weeks in a row or more. There is only six. There are 125 teams.”
Swinney said the media needs to take a look at some other teams besides Clemson if they want to write about teams being inconsistent.
“How come they don’t say where is all these others,” Swinney said. “Because the only ones on that list [teams ranked last 30 weeks] are LSU, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford, South Carolina and Clemson. There are a whole lot of other great programs that are not on that list. So why don’t y’all write about them? Because Clemson has been as consistent as anybody in the country. We haven’t won them all but them other teams haven’t won it all either. But that seems like that always wants to come up. People always bring up something that happened from five years ago. We need to move on. Let’s get a different storyline. Let’s talk about what we have done, not what we haven’t done. We are beyond that. Our players deserve better than that.”
With all the comparisons of the ACC to SEC, Swinney said that he respects the SEC, but he is really just worried about Clemson.
“We got all the respect in the world for the SEC and all that stuff, but it is not about a league,”Swinney said. “ It’s about a program. It’s about a program.. bottom-line. Hey we love being in the ACC. We are very proud of all that stuff but we are worried about Clemson and being the best Clemson we can be. These guys don’t feel like they take a backseat to anybody.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- Former Clemson player makes MLB debut
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs