|Da'Quan Bowers: "I owe it to this organization"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, July 25, 2014 7:58 AM||
Former Clemson defensive end Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile appears poised and ready for that elusive breakout season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Bowers played only 19% of the snaps last year at the Bucs' left defensive end position. Players ahead of him on the depth chart that took up the majority of snaps included Daniel Te'o Nesheim and William Gholston.
The Bucs' coaching staff want him to play more on first and second down and not just be a situational pass rusher on third down.
"I owe it to this organization; I owe it to this team," Bowers said to the The Tampa Tribune on Thursday. "I've been here long enough and haven't really been that player that I know I can be. So I think it's about time I really put forth the effort to be that player I know I'm capable of being."
It's gonna be a great year !! I'm calling it now !!— Da'Quan Bowers (@DaQuanBowers91) July 21, 2014
Pic of Da'Quan Bowers tackling NFL QB Russell Wilson.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"