|Da'Quan Bowers: "I owe it to this organization"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, July 25, 2014 7:58 AM||
Former Clemson defensive end Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile appears poised and ready for that elusive breakout season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Bowers played only 19% of the snaps last year at the Bucs' left defensive end position. Players ahead of him on the depth chart that took up the majority of snaps included Daniel Te'o Nesheim and William Gholston.
The Bucs' coaching staff want him to play more on first and second down and not just be a situational pass rusher on third down.
"I owe it to this organization; I owe it to this team," Bowers said to the The Tampa Tribune on Thursday. "I've been here long enough and haven't really been that player that I know I can be. So I think it's about time I really put forth the effort to be that player I know I'm capable of being."
It's gonna be a great year !! I'm calling it now !!— Da'Quan Bowers (@DaQuanBowers91) July 21, 2014
Pic of Da'Quan Bowers tackling NFL QB Russell Wilson.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney announces permanent team captains
- Fans boo Booker hoping for free chicken sandwiches