|Da'Quan Bowers: "I owe it to this organization"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, July 25, 2014 7:58 AM||
Former Clemson defensive end Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers
Defensive End (2008 - 2010)
#93 6-4, 277
View Full Profile appears poised and ready for that elusive breakout season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Bowers played only 19% of the snaps last year at the Bucs' left defensive end position. Players ahead of him on the depth chart that took up the majority of snaps included Daniel Te'o Nesheim and William Gholston.
The Bucs' coaching staff want him to play more on first and second down and not just be a situational pass rusher on third down.
"I owe it to this organization; I owe it to this team," Bowers said to the The Tampa Tribune on Thursday. "I've been here long enough and haven't really been that player that I know I can be. So I think it's about time I really put forth the effort to be that player I know I'm capable of being."
It's gonna be a great year !! I'm calling it now !!— Da'Quan Bowers (@DaQuanBowers91) July 21, 2014
Pic of Da'Quan Bowers tackling NFL QB Russell Wilson.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement