|Cubs recall Tyler Colvin from minors|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:24 PM||
CHICAGO -- Outfielder Alfonso Soriano was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday with a strained left quadriceps, and Tyler ColvinTyler Colvin
# 6-3, 210
View Full Profile was added to the roster.
Soriano left Monday's game in the first inning and underwent an MRI to determine the severity of the injury. He is not expected to need the full 15 days, but the Cubs don't want to play short-handed.
Colvin was at Wrigley Field on Tuesday to take part in hitting drills with coach Rudy Jaramillo. He began the year with the big league team but was sent to Triple-A Iowa after batting .113 in 28 games. He was hitting .260 in 12 games with five doubles, two triples and one home run in the Minors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin