|Cubs recall Tyler Colvin from minors|
|Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:24 PM-||
CHICAGO -- Outfielder Alfonso Soriano was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday with a strained left quadriceps, and Tyler ColvinTyler Colvin
# 6-3, 210
View Full Profile was added to the roster.
Soriano left Monday's game in the first inning and underwent an MRI to determine the severity of the injury. He is not expected to need the full 15 days, but the Cubs don't want to play short-handed.
Colvin was at Wrigley Field on Tuesday to take part in hitting drills with coach Rudy Jaramillo. He began the year with the big league team but was sent to Triple-A Iowa after batting .113 in 28 games. He was hitting .260 in 12 games with five doubles, two triples and one home run in the Minors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- Louisville fans upset about referee at Clemson-UL
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- WATCH: Fake radio call of Clemson-NC State
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama