|Cubs recall Tyler Colvin from minors|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:24 PM||
CHICAGO -- Outfielder Alfonso Soriano was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday with a strained left quadriceps, and Tyler ColvinTyler Colvin
# 6-3, 210
View Full Profile was added to the roster.
Soriano left Monday's game in the first inning and underwent an MRI to determine the severity of the injury. He is not expected to need the full 15 days, but the Cubs don't want to play short-handed.
Colvin was at Wrigley Field on Tuesday to take part in hitting drills with coach Rudy Jaramillo. He began the year with the big league team but was sent to Triple-A Iowa after batting .113 in 28 games. He was hitting .260 in 12 games with five doubles, two triples and one home run in the Minors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking