|Cubs recall Tyler Colvin from minors|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:24 PM||
CHICAGO -- Outfielder Alfonso Soriano was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday with a strained left quadriceps, and Tyler ColvinTyler Colvin
# 6-3, 210
View Full Profile was added to the roster.
Soriano left Monday's game in the first inning and underwent an MRI to determine the severity of the injury. He is not expected to need the full 15 days, but the Cubs don't want to play short-handed.
Colvin was at Wrigley Field on Tuesday to take part in hitting drills with coach Rudy Jaramillo. He began the year with the big league team but was sent to Triple-A Iowa after batting .113 in 28 games. He was hitting .260 in 12 games with five doubles, two triples and one home run in the Minors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson releases 2015 Summer Depth Chart
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies
- Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event