|Cubs recall Tyler Colvin from minors|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:24 PM||
CHICAGO -- Outfielder Alfonso Soriano was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday with a strained left quadriceps, and Tyler ColvinTyler Colvin
# 6-3, 210
View Full Profile was added to the roster.
Soriano left Monday's game in the first inning and underwent an MRI to determine the severity of the injury. He is not expected to need the full 15 days, but the Cubs don't want to play short-handed.
Colvin was at Wrigley Field on Tuesday to take part in hitting drills with coach Rudy Jaramillo. He began the year with the big league team but was sent to Triple-A Iowa after batting .113 in 28 games. He was hitting .260 in 12 games with five doubles, two triples and one home run in the Minors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
- Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
- Watson, Beasley injury updates
- Swinney still waiting on MRI for Watson's knee
- ESPN declares 6-day hold for Clemson-SC game
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
- Swinney expects Watson to play again this season
- Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term
- Swinney on quarterback controversy