|Crownover, Duggar Earn Freshman All-America Honors|
|Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:47 PM-||
Clemson, SC - Lefthander Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
Fr. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile and outfielder Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile both received freshman All-America honors by Collegiate Baseball on Wednesday. Clemson placed two players on a freshman All-America team for first time since 2005, when Brad Chalk and Taylor Harbin both received freshman All-America accolades.
Crownover, a native of Ringgold, GA, had a 7-3 record and a team-best 2.19 ERA along with 45 strikeouts against only 17 walks in 70.0 innings pitched over 15 appearances (14 starts) in 2013 after coming off “Tommy John” surgery in March of 2012. In ACC games, he had a 3-2 record and an ACC-best 1.73 ERA.
Duggar, a native of Moore, SC, batted .300 with a team-high 75 hits, 10 doubles, two triples, two homers, 30 RBIs, 15 steals, and a team-high nine outfield assists. He was one of three Tigers to start all 62 games as well.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Photo: Clemson's new Nike Mach Speed Uniforms
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016