|Crownover, Duggar Earn Freshman All-America Honors|
|Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:47 PM-||
Clemson, SC - Lefthander Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
Fr. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile and outfielder Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile both received freshman All-America honors by Collegiate Baseball on Wednesday. Clemson placed two players on a freshman All-America team for first time since 2005, when Brad Chalk and Taylor Harbin both received freshman All-America accolades.
Crownover, a native of Ringgold, GA, had a 7-3 record and a team-best 2.19 ERA along with 45 strikeouts against only 17 walks in 70.0 innings pitched over 15 appearances (14 starts) in 2013 after coming off “Tommy John” surgery in March of 2012. In ACC games, he had a 3-2 record and an ACC-best 1.73 ERA.
Duggar, a native of Moore, SC, batted .300 with a team-high 75 hits, 10 doubles, two triples, two homers, 30 RBIs, 15 steals, and a team-high nine outfield assists. He was one of three Tigers to start all 62 games as well.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Gametime announced for Clemson-Louisville
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Swinney confirms ACL injury for Clemson WR and other injuries
- College GameDay hints at Louisville vs. Clemson
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- ACC announces game times and TV networks
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Georgia Tech
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech