|Crownover, Duggar Earn Freshman All-America Honors|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:47 PM||
Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
Fr. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile and outfielder Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile both received freshman All-America honors by Collegiate Baseball on Wednesday. Clemson placed two players on a freshman All-America team for first time since 2005, when Brad Chalk and Taylor Harbin both received freshman All-America accolades.
Crownover, a native of Ringgold, GA, had a 7-3 record and a team-best 2.19 ERA along with 45 strikeouts against only 17 walks in 70.0 innings pitched over 15 appearances (14 starts) in 2013 after coming off “Tommy John” surgery in March of 2012. In ACC games, he had a 3-2 record and an ACC-best 1.73 ERA.
Duggar, a native of Moore, SC, batted .300 with a team-high 75 hits, 10 doubles, two triples, two homers, 30 RBIs, 15 steals, and a team-high nine outfield assists. He was one of three Tigers to start all 62 games as well.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab