|Cortez Davis makes decision on new school|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:18 PM||
Cortez DavisCortez Davis
#29 6-3, 200
Daytona Beach, FL
View Full Profile was granted his release from Clemson in late January and according to the Mainland News-Journal he has decided to continue his college career at Bethune-Cookman. Davis told the paper he was frustrated by the lack of playing time at Clemson and the distance to his three year old son and one year old daughter.
“I just felt like my kids are young and they needed a father in their life,” Davis said. “If I go to Bethune-Cookman I can be there. Coach (Brian) Jenkins is a great coach. Every time I sat down and talked with him -- we talked probably seven or eight times -- and he only mentioned football, maybe, twice. It was all about family.
“I really wanted to come back home,” he added. “I wanted to play in front of my family and friends for coach Jenkins and the Wildcats.”
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement
- Swinney says defense has work to do to "get some guys ready to play"