|Cortez Davis makes decision on new school|
|Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:18 PM-||
Former Clemson defensive back Cortez DavisCortez Davis
#29 6-3, 200
Daytona Beach, FL
View Full Profile was granted his release from Clemson in late January and according to the Mainland News-Journal he has decided to continue his college career at Bethune-Cookman. Davis told the paper he was frustrated by the lack of playing time at Clemson and the distance to his three year old son and one year old daughter.
“I just felt like my kids are young and they needed a father in their life,” Davis said. “If I go to Bethune-Cookman I can be there. Coach (Brian) Jenkins is a great coach. Every time I sat down and talked with him -- we talked probably seven or eight times -- and he only mentioned football, maybe, twice. It was all about family.
“I really wanted to come back home,” he added. “I wanted to play in front of my family and friends for coach Jenkins and the Wildcats.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech
- Charges against Tajh Boyd to be dismissed
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Swinney to McCloud: "You are going to be on Sportscenter for the rest of your life"