|Cortez Davis makes decision on new school|
|Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:18 PM-||
Former Clemson defensive back Cortez DavisCortez Davis
#29 6-3, 200
Daytona Beach, FL
View Full Profile was granted his release from Clemson in late January and according to the Mainland News-Journal he has decided to continue his college career at Bethune-Cookman. Davis told the paper he was frustrated by the lack of playing time at Clemson and the distance to his three year old son and one year old daughter.
“I just felt like my kids are young and they needed a father in their life,” Davis said. “If I go to Bethune-Cookman I can be there. Coach (Brian) Jenkins is a great coach. Every time I sat down and talked with him -- we talked probably seven or eight times -- and he only mentioned football, maybe, twice. It was all about family.
“I really wanted to come back home,” he added. “I wanted to play in front of my family and friends for coach Jenkins and the Wildcats.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect