|Colvin getting his swing back in Triple-A Iowa|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:22 PM||
On Sunday, Tyler ColvinTyler Colvin
# 6-3, 210
View Full Profile missed hitting for the cycle by a home run while playing for Triple-A Iowa, and on Monday, he homered. On Tuesday, he went 0-for-4. Colvin was batting .292 since joining the Minor League team.
"Mechanically, I'm fine," Colvin told the Des Moines Register. "It's just about getting my timing back."
Colvin was sent down to Iowa after hitting .113 in 28 games with the big league team.
"That's a tough role to play in the big leagues," Iowa manager Bill Dancy told the Register. "He needed at-bats, that's why they sent him here. And in the short time he's been with us, he's made good progress.
"He's part of the future of the Cubs. They're being patient with him. Everyone hears about the sophomore jinx - pitchers adjusting to you - now it's up to the hitter to adjust to the pitchers."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets