|Colvin getting his swing back in Triple-A Iowa|
|Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:22 PM-||
On Sunday, Tyler ColvinTyler Colvin
# 6-3, 210
View Full Profile missed hitting for the cycle by a home run while playing for Triple-A Iowa, and on Monday, he homered. On Tuesday, he went 0-for-4. Colvin was batting .292 since joining the Minor League team.
"Mechanically, I'm fine," Colvin told the Des Moines Register. "It's just about getting my timing back."
Colvin was sent down to Iowa after hitting .113 in 28 games with the big league team.
"That's a tough role to play in the big leagues," Iowa manager Bill Dancy told the Register. "He needed at-bats, that's why they sent him here. And in the short time he's been with us, he's made good progress.
"He's part of the future of the Cubs. They're being patient with him. Everyone hears about the sophomore jinx - pitchers adjusting to you - now it's up to the hitter to adjust to the pitchers."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- No. 3 Clemson tops No. 24 South Carolina
- Swinney discusses the 'nap room' with Jim Rome
- Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me