|Cole Stoudt named starter against Georgia|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:01 PM||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told Fox Sports during a phone conversation on Tuesday morning that senior QB Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile will be the starter against Georgia.
Last season, Stoudt was 47-59 passing for 415 yards and 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.
"It should be pretty obvious that he won the job,” Swinney said. “He's a great leader who is highly respected by his teammates. He never once complained. He was always ready when we needed him. He's earned it and he will be named the starter."
Swinney also went on to give praise to Stoudt for his good decision-making at the quarterback position during the last few years.
"The thing I like about Cole is that he's very disciplined,” Swinney said. “He lives by the motto that, ‘You don't ever go broke by making a profit.’ If it's just a simple check down that the defense will give him, he will take it. He doesn’t force anything, he'll just keep moving the chains.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story