|Cole Stoudt named starter against Georgia|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:01 PM-||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney told Fox Sports during a phone conversation on Tuesday morning that senior QB Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile will be the starter against Georgia.
Last season, Stoudt was 47-59 passing for 415 yards and 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.
"It should be pretty obvious that he won the job,” Swinney said. “He's a great leader who is highly respected by his teammates. He never once complained. He was always ready when we needed him. He's earned it and he will be named the starter."
Swinney also went on to give praise to Stoudt for his good decision-making at the quarterback position during the last few years.
"The thing I like about Cole is that he's very disciplined,” Swinney said. “He lives by the motto that, ‘You don't ever go broke by making a profit.’ If it's just a simple check down that the defense will give him, he will take it. He doesn’t force anything, he'll just keep moving the chains.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Game time announced for Clemson vs. Boston College
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville