Clemson wraps up Road Trip at Notre Dame
CLEMSON (15-7, 6-4 ACC) vs. NOTRE DAME (12-12, 3-8 ACC)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Arena: Purcell Pavilion (9,149)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Tom Werme-pbp; Debbie Antonelli-color)
• Clemson plays Notre Dame for the first time Tuesday; a win would make Clemson only the second team in history to win its first football and basketball games at Notre Dame.
• The Tigers are trying to win on one day’s preparation after playing at Syracuse on Sunday; the last time Clemson won an ACC road game on one day’s rest was at NC State in 2008.
• Tuesday’s game ends a five of six road stretch for Clemson.
• Clemson is in search of its first win in the state of Indiana since the 1996-97 season opener, when Rick Barnes’ Tiger team shocked the college basketball world with a 79-71 overtime upset of defending National Champion Kentucky in a neutral site game in Indianapolis.
• The Tigers last played in the Hoosier State in 2003, a 76-61 loss at Purdue.
• Notre Dame’s Mike Brey has faced Clemson as a head coach and as an assistant to Mike Krzyzewski at Duke. He coached against Barnes’ team in 1996 in Puerto Rico as head coach of the Delaware Blue Hens.
• Anthony Solomon, an assistant coach on Brey’s staff, was formerly the director of basketball operations for Larry Shyatt at Clemson from 1998-00.
• Adonis FilerAdonis Filer
#3 6-2, 190
View Full Profile’s older brother, Steve, was a linebacker for the University of Notre Dame football team from 2008-11.
• Filer played for Bishop Noll High School, just 75 miles from Notre Dame in Hammond, IN. He finished his career at Notre Dame Prep in Fitchburg, MA.
• Clemson entered Sunday’s game at Syracuse with a 5-3 record in games decided by eight or less. The Tigers were just 3-10 in that situation last season.